In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fell Perfect

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by JDU, Aug 20, 2020.

  1. JDU

    JDU

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2016
    Messages:
    658
    Likes Received:
    5,564
    Location:
    Perry County, PA
    Girl fiend's parents, who are in their 80's, had a big cherry tree split and fall in their back yard, wondered if I could help clean it up, meaning I'm doing everything, which is OK. I was concerned on what it was going to do as still attached at the split. If you look at the picture, that 4" dead branch about 3' long sticking straight down into the ground left of the birdhouse, I cut that off and the tree fell straight down! I could not believe my good fortune. Easy pickings then, backed right up to it. Never burnt much cherry for firewood, but will and use some for campfire and smoker. DSC07207.JPG DSC07208.JPG
     
  2. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    I love Cherry. One of my favorite firewoods.
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    :salute:
    Nice get and good deed jdude :yes: