In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

My old Colt pistol peeking out of my conceal carry purse that bocefus78 found for me. All the cc purses out here were LOUD western bling. Purse is 1/2 laying on granite cutting board, should have moved it....

2. billb3

billb3

That's the plan, a 20/40 and a stainless steel nipple because the one it's on looks like regular steel . If I can't get the cover off the switch I probably won't get the switch off the pipe. It's too hot right now for cursing old galvanized steel pipes. It has already had to be persuaded a second time. Seems to be behaving since I took the ladder out and put the plate steel cover back on. I agree, it is at end of life, despite the possibility of coaxing a litttle more out of it by cleaning it up. I have no idea how old it is beyond knowing it hasn't been touched since 2003. The pump was replaced in 2003. It's probably even much older than that. I'm a little more concerned with not being able to see the water level in the well pipe. It used to be right about at the top of the pipe.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Has it been real dry there lately?
    Static water levels do drop some in dry weather...some wells more than others. Levels can take a while to recover after heavy demand too...hopefully one or both of those scenarios are what is going on for you...

4. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Ok gonna try this again.
    20200728_163222.jpg 20200728_163123.jpg
    If I am right this is hop horn bean? It came out at 10% on the mm.
    All the rest were between 13 and 23% except the very last split which was 30%.
    Little bit i got done today. It is a mix bag. Stacking tomorrow.
    20200728_165820.jpg

5. billb3

billb3

The town has been putting in lots of wells around me to supply the town. They have been sucking water out of the aquifer at an alarming pace. Anyone with a shallow well that dried up when they sunk the first well and started pumping got a free pipe connection to their house from the town supply. That was 25 years ago. They've put in almost a dozen more. The pond across the street has now dried up several times and we saw no turtles smooshed in the street this year. There is a committee of concerned Lake abutters that have brought concerns to the state. Come to find out the Town has been falsifying ( not keeping records) of the amounts they have been pumping. The swamp surrounding the three pumping stations (I think there are two wells for each pump {AC with diesel backup]) dries up after a rain much faster than it ever used to. Without documentation, my knowledge is worthless. Concerning nonetheless.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, hophorn beam, ironwood

7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I just blew my kiddo's mind. We are watching the movie Midway. I told her my grandfather made (retrofitted) the small P combat airplanes. She's amazed :)

8. chris

chris

generally happens when filter is plugged up

clemsonfor, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 7 others like this.
  9. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Amen to this T.Jeff Veal

10. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Got rain coming in. Can hear thunder all around. Seen some lightning to the north. Hopefully we can can get some soaking rain. We could use it.

11. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Brand new filters on brand a brand new system. It had been used maybe once before this since being installed last fall. I am assuming that its a leak / low freon.

12. Horkn

Horkn

Had to assess why my recently installed insinkerator wasn't turning on...

Not jammed, not needing to be reset. Hmm. Have power to the switch...

Then I checked voltage at the end of the pigtail from the switch. Yep 120v. Hmm. Reconnected the wire nuts. Then it worked. WTF?

Whatever. All good now, and I didn't need to contort myself too much or undo the stupid ISE and remove it to fix it.

13. billb3

billb3

Rain went by to the souht of me this morning. Yesterday''s dried up just as it got here and the day before went north of me.
    At least it was about ten degrees cooler today at 88ºF. Just 50% humidity.
    Deer fly got my left ear this morning as I was picking cucumbers. Ear swelled up twice the size of my other one and then my neck on that side. It's still a little swollen, itchy and sore. damm bugs.

14. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Well,... I just had the best phone conversation with a young female pollster. Luv those calls after 9pm. Almost 20 minutes of pure bullchit answers on my part.
    My wife was in the room, she had to cover her mouth to not let the pollster hear her laughing. I hope I helped in their quest for truth.

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

:rofl: :lol:

clemsonfor, Chaz, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Still at risk
    By Pastor Mark Jeske

How different Israelite society was 3,400 years ago! The conquest of Canaan had just begun; most of the people had a subsistence lifestyle and owned no property or home.

How different and yet how much the same. There will always be people whose well-being and lives are at risk, people who need the help of others to survive. “At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands” (Deuteronomy 14:28,29).

Moses’ words still resonate. Like the Levites, church workers today have a certain vulnerability. They don’t unionize, never go on strike, and don’t argue much over salary. Foreigners, whether documented or not, are always taken advantage of by earlier arrivals. Widows have more protections today but deserve special consideration by their churches. And how is fatherlessness any less a curse today than it ever was? It is an epidemic and getting worse. A congregation can be a rich source of role models, coaches, and mentors to help boys and girls without dads in their lives.

God loves it when people help people. It makes him want to turn on the resources faucet for the helpers

Chaz, Chvymn99, wildwest and 8 others like this.
  17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Gorgeous morning again here. We are in for a couple of days of summer. Peas are ready to be picked, carrots are looking good and the squash is getting bigger. I have two small basil plants that need planting today. Great day to wake up to.

Horkn, Chaz, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  18. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

whats up with these new forum colors?

19. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

i like mine!!! its orange....like halloween!!! = cool weather!!!!

20. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

mine is black, red, and blue