In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Locust Post

Locust Post

Can I get an Amen !!!! :D

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Amen!

3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

LEARNING TO SAY "NO"

Moses was going to work every day as the sole judge over all the tribes of Israel. The number of people demanding his time was so great he worked from dawn until dusk without making a dent in the workload. His father-in-law, Jethro, saw this and immediately recognized a man who could not say "no" to requests for his time. He suggested Moses focus on only two things — representing the people before God, and handling the most difficult of the disputes. The rest of the work could be delegated to capable men he appointed. Moses listened, delegated, and found himself doing far more than he had ever done before, but in much less time. If this advice worked for Moses, will it not also work for us?

Appropriate boundaries are important for everyone in the family. As the parent, you have the responsibility to set limits for your children and for yourself.

Moses’ father-in-law replied, “What you are doing is not good. You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out. The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.
    Exodus 18:17‭-‬18 NIV

4. fishingpol

fishingpol

Installed this morning. Made in the USA.

20200523_074635.jpg

savemoney, Thor, Eric VW and 13 others like this.
  5. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

6. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

fishingpol do you raise and lower the colors or add lights?

savemoney, wildwest, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  7. fishingpol

fishingpol

I'll take it down every evening.. All the solar flagpole lights were sold out.

Loon, wildwest, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  8. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Could you use a ground flood light on a timer to keep it lit at night?

9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Enjoying the day here before July comes to town. 88 degrees forecast for Monday and Tuesday then a big drop off to 85. The temperatures really seem to be going crazy in the spring any more around here. First way above average then way below. Not much in between.

10. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I can’t remember to take my contacts out before bed 25% of the time. No way I’d remember the flag.

11. Horkn

Horkn

My wife has been doing excercises in the LR on the area rug. While the rug really didn't look dirty, it was apparently smelly enough. :emb:

Today it's sunny enough, for now at least, to have washed it on the patio. It's ready to drape over the recycling can to air and drip dry.

12. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Mowed lawn.. split some wood gonna go :grizz:

13. Loon

Loon

:salute:

14. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Chaz is mowing the lawn. About 76 out. Partial cloudy. Had a call from the next door neighbor about a half hour ago. Our property is kinda L shaped with us bordering hers on one side and the back of her property. She said she had just seen a black bear walking on our property behind her house. Chaz walked over but was gone by then. It was just inside the tree line where he and my little brother were working last year. Surprisingly the bear hasn't bothered her bird feeders or mine.

15. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

WEIRD! WWW just got back from the grocery store. He initially stopped for Clariten, Gathered up some other items and got in line and realized he forgot Clariten. Left cart in line at the check out stand to go grab Clariten, came back and some young punk was unloading his cart onto the conveyor. :loco: :crazy: As WWW walks back he hears the pimple faced kid ask the elderly woman currently checking out if the beer on the bottom of the cart was paid for. WWW said (add stern west coast Italian voice) "Hey, quit touching my stuff". The kid looked at him and ran. Literally, ran off. The checker looked up at WWW and said "that kid doesnt even work here!" Older woman chimed in "Things are getting STRANGE!"

Idk, the attached liquor store requires all items be paid for in that store whether one goes back to the grocery store or not, the receipt was clearly wrapped around the cardboard 12 pk handle. Guess the kid was trying to snatch the beer? Who knows, weird!!!

16. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

wildwest I hate to be the one to say it BUT going to the store for 3 things and forgetting 1 of them is a sign of A... G... E. Syndrome

it will get worse and he will come home with shopping bags without those items...
    When you point it out:heidi:

Don’t ask me how I know!:tears:;)

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

When coronavirus was new last spring I ordered some things to stash for emergency use. Which included a big double box of Clariten for him. I sorted the items into 2 med sized clear totes and asked him to put them in his hunting closet (cool and dark, things should store well in there). Little bugger!! He spotted the emergency stash and has used ALL of them over the last several weeks :picard: Yes, I did point that out and :heidi: him.

:rofl: :lol:

18. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Can he use Zyrtec? I get the Kirkland Generic variety... Its like 365 pills in a bottle...

19. tree killer

tree killer

Are here still drive through liquor stores around? We would pile a truck full, mostly in the back, driver was of age but nobody else was. We would place the order just like McDonald’s. Don know if they knew and didn’t care or just didn’t give a chit because it was money.

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yes, there are drive through liquor stores still, but things have changed since you and I did that as teens :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
    He insists on name brand Clariten Soft Gels. Refuses other brands and generics :faint:

Idk, I do not have allergies like he does...