In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Had to take it through the window screen. This morning, we had a dove, indigo burning and female cardinal, all feeding at the same time. 0520200758.jpg

2. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I have partial color blindness which they tell me effects red and green colors. But I can see both?? But to my point, am I just missing the Cardinal? I don't see it?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

That's good your not experiencing high water troubles, even if it's in the woods or property.

That's crazy on the temps. It's 56 right now. I am contemplating a small warm up the house and knock out some of this humidity from our two days of rain as well.

4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Female Cardinals are brown...she blends in pretty good

5. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, very tough to find her.
    Screenshot_20200520-200927~2.png

Red circle is cardinal on the left, white circle is dove on the right and the bunting is the blue in the middle.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Oh yeah , 'Merica!!!

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

But if Clem can't see red...:whistle:;) :rofl: :lol:

8. Horkn

Horkn

I thought of that while typing my reply. Hence the left, middle, and center circles.;)

Clem probably knows that the red light is always in the same position for traffic lights.:D

9. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea I know that...I didn't even think to look for a female

10. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

That's the thing. I can see red?? But when they pull out the color blind book I can't see certain numbers. It's something to do if I know it's there or I can see it obviously it's easy to see but in a sea of color it's hard to tell. Example is flagging. As a Forester we deal with all kinds of Flag lines and use it to mark certain trees . I have for years asked that they leave long tails on the flags so that I can see it better as it moves in the wind. I can see the color of flagging all colors. Now I have no idea what they look like to you but if we talk about colors we usually describe them as the same. Now to my point. Without a tail to move on the flagged tree if I am in the woods 50-100 yards away I have trouble having the flagging catch my eye. Once pointed out I see it and can see it Everytime. Just have trouble picking it out in the woods. It never made sense to me, especially when I would walk a cutter man into the woods and point to where I knew the line was and say it follows the timber type, or the bottom or gulley or whatever...I'd say it pink flagging or whatever color it was but I would have trouble actually locating it pointing at a distance. The guy with me would say oh yea I see it. I'm like where. He is pointing. I say I can't see it. I go stand next to him look down his arm practically as he is saying it's on that 8" pine right next to the oak or whatever then I'm like ok now I see it. And we will walk looking for the next one and he is like there, there there, usually seeing it before me.
    And for the record I'm not so forgetful that I don't know where my own flag line is. I am a timber harvest Forester, there is a different one who sets up timber sales , that flags and marks the trees, so I usually have not walked the specific spot I am talking about at that point.
    The doctor described it who told me I had it as you have trouble picking colors out when together. Example he gave is a cardinal (male one) it n a Holley tree. You may have trouble seeing it untill he moves then you see him every time after that. Where as a normal vision person sees the red bird in the green tree Everytime.

Wow that's a lot of description to explain a weird color blindness.

11. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Yeah those eye tests aren't always fool proof...I can't pass the depth perception test, but in real life I have great depth perception, better than most people...doc says that I must have been born this way and even those my eyes don't pick up depth normally, my brain has leaned to compensate for it somehow.

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

It must be right my wife has always said I'm colorblind. Haha. She says I see colors weird and describe certain ones wrong

13. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

:thumbs:

14. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

We all want our lives to count for something significant. Like a runner, we want to find a trophy at the finish line — something that leaves a mark on this world and gives our life meaning.

The apostle Paul was in a Roman prison facing death when he gave Timothy this honest appraisal of his own life and ministry. Like a prizefighter, he had made it to the last round. Like a distance runner, he was right at the tape and still in full stride. He expressed great joy in knowing that he had lived his life without compromising his faith in God.

One thing God wants from each of us is our faithfulness. He wants us to remain true to him. If you’re a spiritual explorer, such a life begins by taking the first step: Ask Christ to forgive you and give you direction. Once you do that, Christ will come to live in you. Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Jesus will enable you to faithfully complete your life’s race.

A life marked by faithfully walking with God is a life that truly counts. At the end of your life, whatever else you think you’ll look back on — interests, accomplishments, acquisitions — nothing will compare with the satisfaction of knowing that you invested your life in spiritual things that really last. Better to face God confident that you did it his way than any other way.

Taken from NIV The NIV Journey Bible

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
    2 Timothy 4:7‭-‬8 NIV

15. Thor

Thor

I must be losing it or something bad happened. I thought there was a virus thread. Still business as usual here. Also I have been helping 2 friends empty their basements due to flooding. What a mess. Feel bad for them. At least the sun is out for a few days. Stay safe everyone!

16. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

The temps are supposed to be flirting with 80F here today, but once again I am starting the day with a small fire.

17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Beautiful morning this morning. Mom is celebrating her 95 birthday today. We are spending the day with her. The rest of the family aren't able to come but we will have a family zoom meeting tonight so she can see them all.

18. Midwinter

Midwinter

I'm happy she will have you with her, on her special day! Wish her a happy birthday from FHC for us.

NortheastAl, Eric VW, Camber and 9 others like this.
  19. MikeSs

MikeSs

you are not losing it. I saw it disappeared last nite.

20. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

It got sick, died.

NortheastAl, Eric VW, Camber and 12 others like this.