In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

This for SaveMoney

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by SmokeyTheBear, May 18, 2020.

  1. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    xIM000524.JPG xIM000550.JPG I found these while cruising through old pics.
     
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    savemoney, yooperdave, milleo and 9 others like this.
  2. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    Are you 2 sitting on the FHC front porch jawing on? :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  3. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    Could be. Larry watches birds. I figured he'd like to see some that visit here.
     
  4. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    I feed the danged birds that visit here, they act as cat TV. The deck that the turkey pic was taken from has 4 feeders on its railing. It is my daily obstacle course and dizzy meter.
     
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    You have a nice view!
     
  6. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    Us older folk get reduced to just watching things at times, birds can keep us busy. A lot of meds have the dizzies as a side effect and guess what what makes me dizzy isn't always what makes you dizzy.
     
  7. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    That dizziness is the worst! I’ve had it several times and I hope I never have it again
     
  8. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Latest bird. Magnolia warbler in a cedar tree. Very quick and this was a lucky shot with a good zoom.


    DSCN0235 (1).JPG



    House wren.

    DSCN0238.JPG


    The boys looking for girls.

    DSCN0042.JPG

    Bluebird on a hemlock.

    DSCN0557 (2).JPG
     
  9. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
  10. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Female Rose-breasted grosbeak...

    DSCN0282.JPG
     
  11. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
  12. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,904
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    I had a male grosbeak at my feeder last week. Orioles are around right now.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and wildwest like this.
  13. Ron T

    Ron T

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2018
    Messages:
    2,568
    Likes Received:
    18,904
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio....Bowdil
    3CCC3A84-DD41-4566-9330-210FEB0DD998.jpeg Oriole hanging off hummingbird feeder. Tough to see.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and wildwest like this.
  14. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,644
    Likes Received:
    144,582
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  15. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Fist time I have seen this site. Thanks, I love to watch the birds. We have some, but I don't get the variety some of you do. I have a few feeders out. Now getting hummingbirds. My sun porch allows me to sit and watch. Great entertainment. I should try taking pictures. I am able to do that. Any one have luck taking pictures through glass windows? I think this will light a fire under me and get me to try harder to get some good pictures.
    Like SmokeyTheBear, I have some issues with balance. Most notable when looking up to hang the feeder back on the hook. I have to really hang on with one hand while I reach up with the other. I found some things that allow me to raise and lower them without taking them off the hook. That improves the situation.
    thanks again.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and wildwest like this.
  16. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    If you had not sent me this, I would have missed it. thanks!
     
    Chazsbetterhalf and wildwest like this.
  17. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    Balance issues, I don't have balance issues I just fall down and go boom. :doh:
     
  18. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    No going boom here, I crash like a tree in the woods. Anything in my way is collateral damage. I'm getting good at catching myself before I get to the no return point. Hate it when I hit my head on something. Normally, I just get a few bruises and and a back ache. If I have my cane with me, I seldom fall. How are you with stairs? With your set up, don't you have to go down a flight to get out to the car? If you ever think of a stair lift, get one on line for about half price. You son could install it in about an hour. You just have to measure it right when you send in your order. They are great for sending the groceries up. We took ours out after we moved downstairs. No more stairs for either of us.
     
    Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  19. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    I generally wait on the morning for my dizzies to pass then the stairs are no problem, today I dispatched a rodent early, had my breakfast, ate my pills, went out to reset my have no heart, and promptly went boom.
     
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
    savemoney and Chazsbetterhalf like this.
  20. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    o_O

    Ummm


    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Ron T and Chazsbetterhalf like this.