In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Midwinter

Midwinter

You've been swimming upstream pretty hard! Cinnamon is probably asleep somewhere.

2. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Had a customer today ask my opinion on caulking vs glue for little cracks and holes in his floor....

:heidi:

3. Marshel54

Marshel54

My wife found her. She was laying on the love seat on the deck. Brought her in and set her on the cat tree. A reaction to the vaccination. I had one other cat that would act a little lethargic after a vaccination. I will have to tell the Vet. My other cat would get an additional shot with the vaccination to counter the vaccination's side effects.

4. bogieb

bogieb

Thru 50 years with cats I have had vets caution that shots may cause tiredness and lethargy - never had that happen to any of my, hmmm: Midnight, Butterscotch, Fluffy, Blackie, Blackovar, Spook, Christmas, New, Cleo, Tory, Indy, Shadow Joe, Fuzzy, Rita, Rainey and Spot - 16 cats (I think I'm missing one or two though). Yes, , I've had my fair share of black cats, and a couple had names not necessarily associated with the color black :)

Anyway, thought it was just one of those CYA warnings - but your experience shows it can be a real concern.

5. Midwinter

Midwinter

My cat has needed a steroid shot a couple of times.

6. Horkn

Horkn

That's how our roll in pier is at the cabin. Then you just set the top deck pieces on top. You don't even get wet if you are not drunk. :whistle:

The ones I got paid to put in years ago when I was in my mid to late 20's was the real PITA piece by piece, get in the water hook the next set on, repeat... Each section was wood and about 6' long each with the feet on the end of each section. There were 5 separate cabins on a community shared beach and land. It was formerly a wrestling camp. There were 3 different piers, with at least 5 boat lifts. AKA a lot of work.
    That said, I made great money, for those couple times a year.
    The boat lifts suck especially pulling them out as they sink in and are difficult to remove. Good news is that the water is warmer in the early Fall than it is in early Spring.

7. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    so a different day at work today. I have been having printer problems at home with one of my home computers. HP technician fixed it for me remotely but it took 2 hours out of the work day. Had an apt. in the middle of the day which was 45 mins long. Went and got another monitor from work to do my work at home. It works great if I am working on my personal stuff. Doesn't work if I am remote desktop accessing the computer at work. Computer at work has two monitors so I thought it would work at home too. Oh well, enjoy working on it for my personal work.

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I hear you on that!!!! I know the 3 R's, but struggle to get it into the format teachers use these days. :hair:

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

We almost lost our kitten from a vaccination in 2018. He barely made it with emergency visits, stunted his growth. But he made it and he's a cupcake. Keep an eye on your feline.

10. tree killer

tree killer

Readin rightin and rithmatic. Spent lots of years to master them and they changed the rules. Bastages!

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

YES!!

12. Sourwood

Sourwood

from the weekend. Brought the girls to the tree farm. We got there Friday afternoon and enjoyed good weather the whole time.

They enjoyed the new deck that overlooks the stream. Richelle got a canoe lesson.

Saturday we did a hike around one of the lakes in the National forest nearby. Normally that lake is human-less when I visit. There were about fifty people walking or boating.

They are adventurous but hate even the smallest insects.

FF63E87B-A22F-400D-87B4-1C053A3B30B8.jpeg 5A9522FD-A485-4D7E-84B6-D9D006EC9F33.jpeg 29E92E8C-6EDD-41AF-AF27-97256ECFCB85.jpeg

13. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Mine are aluminum, three sections per dock. Wheels on one end and they bolt together, then you put the top deck on.

14. Horkn

Horkn

This one we have now is just 1 piece. 2 big wheels on the end of the"L" . About 20' long, so while aluminum framed, the length makes it heavy enough. Not ours, but the same thing
    IMG_1590-400x284.jpg

15. bogieb

bogieb

That is strange - one would think there has to be a fix, but since I have a work laptop, hooked up to 2 monitors from a docking station I don't even have a guess.

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

O0w541c.jpg

17. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

That looks like it would be awkward to move, but I'm sure far easier than mine to put in and take out.

18. lukem

lukem

Woke up at 5:30 to the dog going ballistic. Look out the window and light to the shop is on when it shouldn't be.

Grab the gun with mounted light out of the bedroom, look back out the window and the shop light is now off. Flip on the back flood light and go check things out. There is a pitpull and another bigger dog, neither of which I have seen before, running around the yard terrorizing the chickens and rabbit. Both ran away immediately.

Go out and clear the shop....nothing in there...nothing missing. Turns out the kids left the overhead door open on the shop last night and the dogs tripped the GDO sensor and turned on the light on it....and it timed out and turned itself off.

Not the way I like to start my day.

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

Glad it turned out to be nothing more than a nuisance for you. But, those stray dogs probably will return, maybe some fine shot will help them make better choices? Yeah, it will.

20. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

that will get the adrenaline pumping! Im glad it wasnt anything more than the dogs.

Ive only had one instance when I had to retrieve a gun in the house. I rented from my inlaws, and they were away for the weekend at their vacation house. Never came home later than 7PM. This night theres suddenly someone upstairs at 11PM. I wasnt able to sleep for HOURS after that one.