In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I spent at least an hour in the pond a few weeks ago putting two 3 section docks in and leveling them by myself. Good times.

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

Don't miss those days at all!

3. yooperdave

yooperdave

Here's a shot of the NC 30 doing its job this past Jan when we had a little GTG at the garage.

DSCN1027.JPG

And a view of the lake front around dawn last fall.

DSCN1013.JPG

4. Horkn

Horkn

BTDT, but I got paid a decent amount cash when I would put all of the docks and lifts in and out at the end of season.

Then we got smart and a roll in dock was bought. An ATV with a winch is much easier.

5. bogieb

bogieb

My catbirds finally showed up this past Sunday. A lot of people don't like them, but I have appreciated them the 2-3 years they've summered in my rhodies. Last fall they tore up a bald faced hornet nest over my front door, then tore it up again when the hornets tried to regroup, so how can I not like them? They have been attacking the suet feeder and the grackles don't be as inclined to come around and hog the bird food / suet as they had been.

NortheastAl, Horkn, Thor and 9 others like this.
  6. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

My association has 3 docks. One had already been put in, and we were working on setting up a time to get a few people to help putting the last two in. I just went for it myself, with a little help from my wife to avoid being around too many people.

Usually its quick work, and you can rotate different people into the water.

Each dock section has wheels, so it's easy to move them into place, the plastic wheels actuallyhelp them float about 3/4 of the way into position before they fill up and sink. Trying to level everything by myself was a PITA though.

NortheastAl, Horkn, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  7. Midwinter

Midwinter

NortheastAl, Horkn, bogieb and 5 others like this.
  8. yooperdave

yooperdave

What to do, what to do?

May just take a run to food store and buy some items and then head out for another load of firewood.

Both while the getting is good.

NortheastAl, Horkn, bogieb and 7 others like this.
  9. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Just one. They called it after that because of the wind.

NortheastAl, Horkn, bogieb and 6 others like this.
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Hey Dave, I remember that too! Could hardly believe how much time he spent on that mower.

Chvymn99, NortheastAl, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  11. lukem

lukem

Got the hall closet framed this morning before work. Electrical goes in this evening after work.

Kids removed all the old insulation and carpet yesterday. We're down to studs and subfloor everywhere now.

12. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I got almost all of the split wood I needed stacked put up. Less than I expected. I figured about 1.3 cords after popping off all the sap wood, and I barely had more than a cord. More room for the stuff coming in soon I guess.

13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Going through 6 months of dads mail and bills
    :headbang::headbang::mad::mad::mad:

14. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

You got a job ahead of you.

15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Let’s just say there is some pretty strong evidence that several people are taking advantage of an old mans Alzheimer’s and generosity..

16. yooperdave

yooperdave

Made another load of wood today. That's good. All yellow birch.

Made a dent in the tail gate today. That's bad. Backing down a spur road and then cut the wheel so that the trailer would end up close to the edge and then the trailer gate would span the little water filled ditch running along side the road. Heard a thump and remembered that I left the tailgate down! :doh:

Yup, it hit the post jack on the trailer and put a nice dent into the top of the tailgate. :headbang::headbang::headbang: damm! (Isn't there a thread on FHC somewhere for bonehead moves???)

DSCN1073.JPG

DSCN1074.JPG

17. Midwinter

Midwinter

Nice load of wood though. Get it fixed, and you'll forget about it.

18. yooperdave

yooperdave

Molly, its one of those things that I do not want to forget about....or ese I will do it again! :handshake:

The guy that took my job when I went active military has continued doing bodywork...all those decades! I'll bring it to him and leave the tailgate with him when he is ready for it.

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

We have a body shop buddy too. Kind of takes the sting out of accidents, to throw some business to a friend.

20. Marshel54

Marshel54

Started the day out loading Cinnamon. my cat, into the carrier and "damm It Dog", my wife's dog, and took them to the Vet. They had a unique process for complying with Corona. When you get there stay in your car and call us. We will come out and get you when it is your turn. Sounded pretty good. I got there at 9:55 for a 10:00 appointment and spent the next 20 minutes trying to call them. Busy. Finally got in 10:45.
    Cats are inside/outside cats. We haven't seen Cinnamon since this morning and it is now feeding time. No Cinnamon. Hopefully she is just being spiteful. I am a little concerned.

I melted down our freezer defrosting it Mon. Everyone is out of freezers so I bought a side-by-side refrigerator with a 9 u ft. freezer section. I now have the fanciest beer refrigerator in the county.
    My wife purchased a 1/2 of 1/2 of beef and 1/2 hog that will be ready for pick up next week. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how much freezer room I need. "What was the weight of your beef?" "I don't know I paid $$$ for it." Not much help. I spent the afternoon. going backwards from what she paid. My figures looked reasonable. live weight came to 1400 pounds. From all the calculation, I forget what it should be finish at" but should take around 3 cu ft. and am figuring 1.5 cu. ft. for the 1/2 hog. If I empty out the other 2 refrigerator freezer and what is left of the 9 cu ft. freezer, I should have just enough without much margin for error. I should have enough room.

Next up and forgive me teachers for my rant. :hair::hair:My daughter calls and gave me homework. They don't have internet and my assignment was to copy pictures from the internet and put all them on an 8x11 sheet of paper. Our 10 year old grandson needed Pictures of:
    Little boy with a mask
    A sundae
    Doughnut
    Squad or Medic
    Grandparents
    Parade
    Happy birthday sign
    I couldn't at all figure out the point of this assignment. What did he learn? Nothing. Grampa learned how to do it.

Yes he could of came over and I could have showed him how after I figured it out. The problem is , my 93 year old mother lives with us, With Corona, we severely limit who comes into the house. If she contracted Corona it would be a death sentence.

Last edited: May 6, 2020