This is my grab from late this afternoon, both were damaged from the ice storm. I had 28 rounds from the first tree and the second tree gave up 26 rounds, all nice Ironwood. https://chimneysweeponline.com/howood.htm
It's been a nice trailer, great in the winter time with the bigger tires. It finally stopped raining here, this warmer weather should bring out the skeeters.
I usually have a face cord of Ironwood ready for my neighbor, just about a week ago I promised the wife the Ironwood we have ready for this year is hers, she was very happy.
26.4? Thought you were going say that you ran a marathon (26.2) and then did an extra 0.2 for good measure.. Of course this firewood race is a slow and steady one that only ends when the trees are feeding off of you for nutrients or when your drinks all have umbrellas in them..
I road by another three that have ice storm damage, I should get a total of 72-80 rounds out of those three. We have a nice size maple down on the side of the hill (no pics yet) I'm not sure how I'll get the rounds up, it's a very long roll down, I'll get some pics this weekend. I might have to build a dray (I think that's what you call it) so I can winch them up.
Wow, awesome btu's in those rounds. Ill need to see if there are iromwoods growing in my area. Better than oak. How soon do they give up their moisture. A year? 2 yrs? Good stuff!
I found some locust this last year I love it. Heavy and dries fast!! I have my eye on a few small trees to cut for this or the next winter.
Even thought I started about one hour later, I was able to get two Ironwood on the low part of our property, pics 9405 - 9414. After hauling the first two trees back home I headed up top for the third Ironwood along with a Cherry branch. When I finally made it home,in the sun we had 92.3, I'm thinking we must be about 86?
In pic 9419, I had to go back for my small saw and my wooden stick the measures 14.75, I decided to cut four more rounds since I was there. What size rounds would you start to split at, my splitting starts tomorrow.
Looks like some good loads! Hopefully it was cooler than those temps in the shade of the canopy. Bigger rounds first, and they get smaller as you get tired. How was the humidity? We topped out @ 82F, low humidity today.