In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Swapping snow tires for summer tires. I have never swapped them out in April before and yes, my long range forecast looks good. Even took the plow off the 6-wheeler earlier.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I've never had them in the places I live, in 2015 I ordered seedlings online and there were weird flat particles in the box I though was mulch debris. Thought Blondie had a skin tag in her armpit :whistle:. Those weird flat particles were dehydrated ticks, one of them made it to her and quickly inflated.

Chazsbetterhalf This kind is common as a house plant out here.
    [​IMG]

3. rottiman

rottiman

4. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

And lotsa of bullets!!

I tease my nephew, a bit of a prepper, 4 AR-15 so he is prepared...

how many rounds ya got?? About 100:picard:
    Young dumb but I love him!!

5. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

At the time, white was an upgrade :sherlock:

2020-04-01-19-27-59.jpg 2020-04-26-20-56-32.jpg 2020-04-26-20-23-05.jpg 2020-04-26-20-22-51.jpg 2020-04-26-19-57-50.jpg

6. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    they do well on neglect. Mine hasn't been re-potted for ever and I never remember to water it. Every spring it starts to bloom.

7. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

That’s a good idea because tick season is here for the next 7 months or so. I recently put new flea collars on our three dogs. So far, so good.

Loon, bogieb, yooperdave and 7 others like this.
  8. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

They’re like cuff links...gotta have a matching set.

bogieb, yooperdave, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

One of the best along with Laugh-In.

10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

It's going to be a nice day today!

11. JCMC

JCMC

Been out side doing yard work with the wife, we check for ticks when we come in I have had 0 ticks she is at 2. I apply essential oils to pulse points seems to keep them away. I tell her to use it but she doesn't care for the smell. I would much rather deal with the smell than the ticks!:hair:
    What kind of collars are you using? Maybe we could try them on people:loco: :crazy::picard:

12. rottiman

rottiman

.......or get one of Bill Gate's up and coming vaccines............then when you take the family dog to the vet each year both get vaccinated and they even give you a certificate for you and the dog...........................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Raining this morning. I spend most of the day yesterday in the garden and got half of the garden bed dug and screened for roots and weeds. It tried to rain while I was working but nothing serious. I had finished for the day and then it poured. I hope it dries up enough I can spend a couple hours out there late this afternoon or evening. I don't think it is going to happen though.

Work again this morning after breakfast. No walk in the rain. We were too spoiled with the very dry weather for the last couple of months.

14. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Supposed to rain all day here. I'm letting mama sleep in since there isn't a damm thing to do for work. I'll probably disassemble my wood bin later today. Maybe figure a way to lighten it up, I waaaay over built it. Why use 2x4xs for a base when you can use 4x4xs? It weighs a ton. I ignored my wifes requests last year and left it there all summer because I didn't want to deal with it.

15. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

People collars might be a good idea. :rofl: :lol:I had ordered Seresto collars online which took forever to finally get, so I bought Adams 7 month for the in between time. They are a lot cheaper and I’m leaving them on for a while so I can see how they work. The Seresto collars are great, but at about $50 a collar I want to see how these at $8 each work. I just checked to see the price of the Adams and Amazon now has them for $2.18 each. Must be some sort of special.

Chvymn99, bogieb, yooperdave and 6 others like this.
  16. rottiman

rottiman

17. Horkn

Horkn

I got my blades sharpened for the mower deck, but I just had to listen to my buddy and check the spindles because he said there's no way the bearings are good because the deck is pretty loud. Well, I used a flat screwdriver to get the belt over one of the outside spindle pulleys, and was able to check on the spindles after the belt wasn't tensioning. All 3 spindles were good, even the gear box driven center spindle.

Then to reinstall the belt. Ok. It's all back inline, and the Damm tensioner is stuck. Screenshot_20200426-203031.png
    Oh. That zerk / pivot point that's probably never been greased? The one that the manual doesn't even mention is crucial to retain tension? Lovely. So now I have to take that bolt out pop the bushing out, lightly sand all the crud off of the bore and the bushing, lube, and reinstall, then hope it works. Then re hit that zerk with the grease gun.

If it doesn't, then I'll have to buy a spring that will work and convert it from a compression spring to a tensioner spring like the earlier models. Supposedly that's pretty easy, but you know how that goes.

I'll be needing to mow by the weekend. It's supposed to rain the next couple of days

Chvymn99, bogieb, yooperdave and 6 others like this.
  18. Horkn

Horkn

Those were cool cars. Had a supplier rep that had the 4.2 v8 VW phaeton. At the time I had my 4.2 v8 Audi allroad. I made money and a work lunch off of him on a bet. He swore up and down that my version of the 4.2 was timing belt driven. I explained that mine actually had a timing chain despite that the A6 models, which my allroad was based off of, actually had timing belts, like his phaeton.

That was a very nice ribeye lunch. Actually the only lunch he ever took anyone from my company out for.:dex::rofl: :lol::beerbbq:

19. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Whew! Whirlwind busy day out here!

Q: How many people does it take to accomplish one of WWW's task when he's out of town? (a task that he makes look easy)
    A: 4