Been cutting wood like mad. My arms shoulders, back, legs..... you name it, its sore. Thankfully, a buddy saw me struggling and decided to bring out his brand new Stihl MS 311 and make me look like I'm cutting with a butter knife. I cut down most of this, but some of the bigger stuff was him. These pics don't even really do it justice. My garage there is about 40 feet away from me where i took the picture.
Some good looking rounds! You know the cure for the soreness is to train the body to the feeli n by hoarding even moreEither that or get your buddy to show up even sooner. Nice work!
Nice wood. It's always good to have friends who are willing to pitch in to help. Both working with a saw, as well as providing a boost of energy from just being there.
I should have gotten pictures of the 2 ponderosa pines I took down. Had to ask the mayor for permission on those. Then the rest came out of the rubble site here in town. (Its just a place to take unwanted trees, grass clippings, etc., but a friend of mine that works for the city keeps decent wood in a separate pile. Its first come first serve, so it's for anyone who wants it).
Great score! I hear ya about getting sore. Slow and steady wins the race. Take care of that back, ya only get one.
Spent most of today just splitting the ponderosa. Looking good so far. Will she split? 15 inch diameter Yeah, it split....
I love places like that where they don’t mulch it up for chips all the time and it’s a community benefit, some burn some don’t but it’s worked out for your favor. What a set of nice friends you have, keep going. Eat a good set of carb meals and you’ll be back out there in no time.
SD Steve I'm curious why you stack it so close to a building? It will dry much better if you give it more air circulation.
My property is very small. The lot my house is on is only 50 feet wide by 140 feet long. Add a house with deck, small garage and shed and there really isn't much room to put a lot of wood. In fact because my garage is almost right on the property line, that stack of pine is mostly on the neighbors side. I just know that they won't mind.....they are really good neighbors. Quick story, so the owner of the house to the west of mine had their property lines marked out with stakes. Knowing how big my property was, I was able to use those as reference points to then mark out my property. I found that my garage is only about 3-4 inches on my side of the east and south property lines. And the 1/4 of my driveway is on the neighbor's to the east property. We play fast and loose around here.
If you can imagine a straight line withe the small trees I planted everything to the right is on the neighbor's side....even the trailer. But the lady that owns that property lives 4 blocks north of here and only uses that house for storage.
Great friend coming to help. I know the feeling of being sore making firewood. To me its a "good sore"...most of the time!