1. I can work in the Brook on a big mess. 2. I can stack some Beech. 3. I can cut some ice storm damaged American Hophornbeam. Which one would you pick?
Considering the time of year it is, stack some beech. Shoot you can come over here and cut some of my dead trees down to
Yes. ETA: Ok, that's not a real answer. I'm in the mindset of getting as much wood as possible, then processing.
South of us had a chit load of rain last night and today, it feeds the brook so we'll see on how much water is coming down it. They had 1.5 inches last night, not sure what they received today.
Yes, that's what I wanted to hear. I think we have an easy 6 or 7 that I recall, with what I cut after the ice storm and this spring we should have another NY face cord. If we don't burn the A.H. we have for this year, we'll have .61 of a cord.
The water is usually only shin high in that area so we could winch it across, most will go to the left of the picture back in the woods, anything with nails will come out across the Brook using the winch.
There's a small Island in the Brook, this is blocking the water from running on the backside of the Island. In the spring when we get the high water from the melting snow, having this opened up will help big time.
Water and logs pushed hard... when you get at that stuff be careful (I'm sure you will). Water powered surprises...