My sister in law is going to be having her wedding in my backyard in Oct. and her wedding planner has been encouraging her and me to get event insurance. Ive never heard of this but upon looking into it it might not be a bad idea. Anyone here ever had something like this and needed it or wished they had? Im thinking Ill ask her to get it so as to at least cover me. I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this or maybe even theres some insurance folks on here.
Make sure the insurance covers you if alcohol is involved. Wouldn't that be par FTC if anyone was drinking, the insurance company wouldn't cover any damages. Gotta assume that's what event insurance is all about tho. Never heard of it.
I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle got that for their place when we had our wedding there last fall. I think it's as simple as calling your homeowners company and asking for it on those dates.
Yeah I talked to my homeowners ins. and they highly recommended I get my sister to take out a one day event policy. They said I cant take it out because it would be a conflict since Im not responsible for the wedding but just the host. Its going to be $175 for a $1,000,000 per incident policy and it covers host liquor liability so if someone gets drunk and hurts themselves on my property or leaves drunk and gets in an accident and tries to sue me Ill be covered. Im going to shop around for her a little more and get a couple different quotes and tell her she needs to get this especially since I dont know even a third of the people coming.
Me neither but Im glad my wifes friend is the wedding planner she told me about it and it makes a lot of sense. I hate buying insurance but I also would hate to be without it when I need it. This looks like a good fairly cheap way to cover my arse just in case something happens.