Was this on/ through the ram forum? I think I recall seeing that dealer as having the best prices for most people. My local ram dealer was closer enough to their prices that the added transportation and hassle didn't make sense, for me at least. Not being able to get the big touch screen on the package I wanted was a big factor. Since then ram offers it. A lot can happen in a year though.
Do you mean I learned about them through the Ram forum? If so, no. A close friend recently bought his truck from them and raves about the value. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good news, my wife and I went to the bank and long story and some hoops, the check is clear. Tomorrow I am selling a heavy-duty steel cutter my dad had in the garage to a local brewery. After that. I get the cashiers check. Sunday we head down to WV and Monday I meet the driver. Decided not to do the 15+ hour turn around. Jason from RI
I've always been the next shoe to drop type of person. That comes from my dad. You know when you are getting ready to go on a vacation or about to buy something like a truck, you can see yourself either on your vacation or at the dealership picking up the truck? Right now, I cannot see that. It's not real. Even though I've seen pictures of the truck. I don't see myself getting the truck. Call it a feeling, or intuition. Recently it has looked like RI would close its borders. However; the governor issued a stay at home, " "It basically means, if you're not getting food, getting medicine, getting gas, going to work, you need to be staying home. It's pretty simple." She said it's OK to go outside, go the park, or go for a walk, as long as it is with a few people and there is ample physical distancing. She said state parks and beaches will remain open as long as people follow those rules." She also has closed all non-critical businesses. I called the RI State Police to see if my trip to WV on Monday would be advisable. The dispatcher I spoke to said that since my trip is one day back and forth, I would be fine. Practice the guidelines given, and I'd be fine. Then came the President and the CDC for the tri-state area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) with the travel advisory. I'd be going through all three of those states. From what I have read, I'd be fine. I've looked on both the New York and Connecticut state police websites and both indicate that they would not be stopping motorists. Yet I might call them to get the clarity that my trip would be fine. Talk about one hurdle after another after another. I'm bringing my work laptop along with a couple of days worth of clothes, a case of water, and food for a couple of days. Just to be on the safe side. If I don't need it, fine. Better to have it, than get stuck somewhere and need to go out in a high-risk area to get food. Still up in the air as to whether I go tomorrow or not. If I don't go tomorrow, that will mean I'll likely not get the truck for upwards of three weeks. In the end, that might just be the smart thing to do. Tough decision to make between now and tomorrow. Sorry if the drama is annoying. Jason from RI
Pay a hauler to haul it to your house. The deal can be done electronically and by overnight packaging the paperwork for signing.
Better yet. Tell dealer you are not risking the drive with all the restrictions. Tell them you still want the truck. It’s a round trip ticket for one of their employees or drivers they hire to drive cars. They drive your new truck to you and pick up your trade in and drive back. After all signing of paperwork and payment is finalized. A $400-$600 fee should be reasonable. How many miles is it?
Requesting quotes. One site had an estimate from WV for $800 and change. From the dealer in NC, the estimate is in the $600's. Unfortunately, right now we don't have the extra without putting it on a CC. Which I do not want to do.
Is your health and safety worth $600. bucks............................only you can decide that. I know what I would do. You have to decide if you need a truck or only want a truck.
Everything might go smooth if you go to get it. And you will spend $150 or more to do it yourself. Or, everything could turn into a complete $*#%in@ pain in the royal azz and you could risk exposure. It is not worth that. Pay the $600 then subtract the $150 or more and it cost you $450 or so and you get to stay comfy at home and relax, work on a project you like to do.
Well, you needed a new vehicle to get to work. I'd say just go and get it. You are social distancing on the road.
Yup, I'm in the go get it camp too...take your food/water/clothes, only stop for gas, pay with CC, sanitize, back on the road. Cops aren't pulling people over unless they are doing something stupid...just like normal...
Well...now that I said "I'd just go get it"...that's not entirely true...me personally, I'm not a new vehicle buyer...so in reality, I wouldn't "go get it"...my budget doesn't have a slot for "new vehicle depreciation"...just clarifying...