In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Michigan Shelter In Place Order.....A Daily Report!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Mar 24, 2020.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Day 1

Made pot of coffee and checked outdoor temps and quick visual inspection from window of OWB for proper operation.

Looked a new (to me) truck in driveway and remembered it was in exact same position as it was the day before.

Logged onto FHC and got all caught up with corona news/predictions.

Waited for 99 lbs to wake up, then played our morning card games. Her 3; me 1.

Went for walk twice today, also did some exercising. Took apart vacuum and cleaned beater bars and unplugged hoses/nozzles.

Looking forward to evening and usual routine.

Apparently, some kid on a side by side thinks recreation rides are part of essential travel.

Robins are indeed back! But, they'll be having a tough time of it also since the ground is still very snow covered.

Oakman69, mat60, JoeinO and 26 others like this.
  2. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

Woke & performed the usual routine. Dogs out, coffee, & quiet.
    Opened shop as normal after loading boiler. We are an essential service.
    Finished up what work was here, sent the help home till further notice at 2:00 PM.
    Did the usual paperwork & checked the news etc.
    Will be open by appointment only for the next while.
    Had supper & went out & enjoyed the nice weather.
    Gonna cut & split down in the back tomorrow.
    May venture out for some groceries & gas.

Oakman69, HDRock, Screwloose and 15 others like this.
  3. huskihl

huskihl

Worked on a saw. Shot a video of it. Put some parts on another saw. Shot a video of it. Put some parts on another saw…

I think that’s about the same thing I did three months ago.

What were we talking about again?

4. thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Don't forget to record your temperature daily, we've been doing it in the morning and at night for about 10 days so far.

Another thing we'll start doing is writing down if we go to a store, name of the store with the date and time. I'm seeing in the Lake Placid area the paper posted someone was in a grocery store who had tested positive after being there so they put the date and time with the store name in the paper.

I think you'll see cases jump in that area because of the people who come there to ski from city, they might even have vacation homes in Lake Placid.

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Oh Gawd ! the horror.. Stay strong, you can get through this. :whistle::rofl: :lol:

6. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Got up, put coffee on, fired up laptop at makeshift standup dresser desk, day 6 (work days) at home....
    Countless Skype meetings, beating out keyboard answers to emails.... 15-45 seconds in person turns into way more time by email/Skype.... let dogs out; refresh coffee.
    Lunch and a shower- PT today, have to treat them right by showing up smelling like the flavor of the month soap....
    Back from that, sign on to laptop, keep working to make up the hour I checked out to get twisted into a pretzel.
    Dinner and Fox News, brief daily/evening catch up with my mom, check FHC.
    Ready for a visit from Mr. Peepers... :sleeping:

Rinse, repeat until April 6th.

7. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Got up, split and stacked some oak, took a shower and nap after lunch, got up at 5:30 PM, Ate dinner, came to work at 7PM. Guess I'm essential, work in control room by myself, running 3 calciners. They have issued a county wide state of emergency/curfew, we have one case in the county. Lady owns Subway restaurant, shutting it down last night, going to sanitize, might reopen next week. Glad its been awhile since we were there.

8. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Woke up
    Drank coffee
    Took my temperature which was 119 because I was still drinking coffee
    Coffee kicked in and I made a beeline to the bathroom
    Sprayed massive amounts of crap deodorant in said bathroom
    Washed my hands
    Watched the news and contemplated suicide

9. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Been up for a while. Working on E-Learning day lessons and posting them. Will check the OWB in a couple of hours. Snow is all gone, pretty foggy out this morning. Yesterday charged the battery on the black dodge and took it out back to the pond, casted quite a bit but no bites. Tried different offerings but nothing. Next couple of worms I come across might become bait today. Anyway on the way back, some of the top of a tree that fell last year was near the path so stopped and cut up most of it and loaded about 1/2 a pickup load and brought to the wood shed. Today, supposed to be nice again, going to tie the grandkids calves and play with the newborn foal. Tomorrow and Friday have lunch duty with my bus for the school. Five drivers each weekday take food and milk to designated areas in our school district and set out for one hour for people to come by and pick up. Haven't done it yet, will be interesting. So while out am going to stop by CVS for one of my wife's meds and look for a loaf of fresh bread. Take care all!

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

No thermometers in our area as they all have been sold out! :picard:

11. rottiman

rottiman

Try 99's meat roasting thermometer........................... as long as it says "rare" you'll be okay.

12. papadave

papadave

Still following the normal daily routine. Staying at home is part of that.

13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

And make sure it goes in the right hole....
    :rofl: :lol:

14. yooperdave

yooperdave

:picard:

Eric, Eric, Eric......

15. rottiman

rottiman

Yeah................the "Before" hole as opposed to the "after" hole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

16. papadave

papadave

And to think some don't like comments about s.u.ck.a.g.e :picard:

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Day 1; yesterday. Got up and looked outside. Went back to bed.

Later I checked in on FHC. Checked news then took an aspirin... Started tractor and drove it until well warmed up then went to barn. Filled front scoop with wood and took that to porch. Might be the last time for that this season. Went for walk with wife. Almost had to have her go back and get golf cart to get me back to house. Really hurting bad but made it anyway. Later had to go to township meeting to pass this year's budget. Essential workers we are in government...

18. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Would like to see pics of the calves and foal if you every get a chance. Thanks.

19. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

My nephew wasn't feeling good yesterday and look for a thermometer and couldn't find one. He ended up driving 45 minutes to his sister's house to get one from her.

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

Day 2

I've had maybe 5 or 6 vehicles drive by the refuge today. I could only identify one of them. It was a small cube van from the federal government I'm pretty sure.

upload_2020-3-25_18-44-7.jpeg

I'll probably increase my patrols around the refuge and beginning tomorrow, go into defcon II with a special ops plan I have developed for re-con.

I took for 3 walks today, finished the lasagna that 99 made and then felt guilty for living high off the hog with such an extravagant meal. We may have to start rationing food by the end of the week.

Quote from article of our gov about the stay at home plan....

The governor said a "willful" or deliberate violation would be a misdemeanor. The penalty for a misdemeanor is $500 and/or up to 90 days in jail, said Kelly Rossman-McKinney, a spokeswoman for Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.

"Don’t play fast and loose with what is essential and what is not," Whitmer said. "Don’t try to skirt the rules."

I think this may be a scare tactic as there is talk of releasing prisoners from jails to prevent the spread of the virus.....I'll have to research this matter deeper.

Also, I'll have to limit my time online as I'm suspicious of a bugging of some sort. More tomorrow!