In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Resurrected an old timer

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by sirbuildalot, Mar 9, 2020.

1. sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

I've had this old axe head laying around for at least a decade. I can't even remember where I got it from, maybe a yard sale or flea market. While organizing the barn this weekend, I saw it, and decided it was time to pout it back in action. I found a suitable handle and shaped it to fit.

Axe is on right in photo. The other hatchet is an Estwing, and I've had that for about 25 years.

[​IMG]

2. fishingpol

fishingpol

Very nice. I did a restoration on a similar carpenters hatchet. Bevel on one side of the blade. I use it for roughing out wood turning blanks and other small projects. It is hefty...

I'm not sure if you saw this thread, but lots of nice restorations in it.

Edged tool restorations

3. JB Sawman

JB Sawman

That's the problem with organizing my shop I always find another project that got put away to do later :headbang: I sometimes cannot keep up with the ones I need to do but 10 years really does not seem to long for a project to hide nice job :thumbs:

4. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Yep nice job and now it can be useful once again. I like using old tools that have been brought back.

metalcuttr and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  5. buckman84

buckman84

man I thought from the title we were gonna see some old school old timer knives. Neat looking Hatchets! Lol!