In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Premature Celebration!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Feb 27, 2020.

  1. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,776
    Likes Received:
    215,084
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Im driving to the job this morning, a route ive been traveling for three plus weeks now. Im on "auto pilot" drinking my coffee while driving and I spot a "Free Wood" sign out of the corner of my eye. Wasnt there yesterday. My excitement very quickly turns to disappointment when i did a double take! :-(
    IMG_1943.JPG IMG_1942.JPG
    Looks like a tree company cleared a lot. Couple gnarly logs still there.
     
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. jo191145

    jo191145

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    7,234
    Likes Received:
    50,436
    Location:
    Ct
    They could have at least left a loader there.
     
  3. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    I will be going right by there this weekend on my way to grab an easy load of hemlock from a friends house not far from there.
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,776
    Likes Received:
    215,084
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    You'll be the first person in the area ive ever met that burns softwoods! I dont but have in the past.
    I know of locations (close by) of nice hardwood but would need two to work it.
     
  5. buzz-saw

    buzz-saw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2020
    Messages:
    4,941
    Likes Received:
    29,039
    Location:
    Ct.
    Not planning to burn a lot of it but it’s hard to say no going there to help a coworker with some for him more than myself. He also has some hardwood that I have been taking but he wants to get some of the hemlock taken care of.

    brad I am going to pm you my number. I am off tomorrow and might have a couple hours free if you want a hand.