She can get pizzy though too. I know shes got something up her sleeve if those FA predictions were correct
Medium. The wife already wants to go back, we usually go to Sergi's or Eben's. My sisters were up so after being at our fathers house the four of us went out to eat before they headed back to Syracuse.
I finally bucked this Maple up which will open up this part of the trail, pic 9339 is a picture of the leaves from the same tree this branch came off. I also cleared some downed chit that will give us another trail in that area (before pics 9340,41, 42 & 44, after the clearing pics 9345 & 46.
What a nice day for working, not a bug around but with it warming up this week that should change. I plan on having this split before Friday, Tuesday afternoon we plan on hanging a gate across the trail closer to the entrance of woods, that should take care of the small problem we had last winter.
Mosquitos were getting annoying today. I ended up bucking some hard maple today, dropped some saplings late this afternoon to make an area by the wood shed more appealing to the eye. I also put on my forestry helmet and dropped a medium sized standing dead ash. It went ok, however I misjudged the lean vs the pitch of the notch and one off center tap of a wedge it rolled slightly off course, onto the trail in, which was fine. It was tall and skinny at the top, and mostly branchless, so I was a bit concerned that a few top pieces could come down. None did. This needed to be dropped as it could have hit the house due to the lean. After dinner son and I rode the trails for about an hour. Will you be putting up a similar gate as u did with your last one?
The same size gate, we had some sleds come up the trail then turn around after seeing the gate we have up further in the woods, they'll see the new gate from the road. Will the Ash become firewood sounds like you had a nice time riding.
I think Ill get some good rounds out of it. Im surprised how rotted it was. Ill check back with an update when its bucked.
We hung the gate tonight, tomorrow I'll be splitting the rounds in my original post, cooling off nice tonight, dropping to 47 tonight.
Good job. Still oppressively hot here. Ac's could barely keep up. Bucking forecasted here as well for the weekend. Be well
From about 2-3 a.m. we had some serious storms. Most lightening I've seen in years, 4 houses in my area caught fire from the lightening, power was out, and alittle hail. I am usually impressed with the weather, but I'll admit, I was alittle scared last night.......
We had the storms also and then sent them on your way. Lost power for 7 hours. Started the generator for the fridge and we watched a movie with the kids before going to bed. The storms were wicked last night. Nice work Woody on the maple....