In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Work for Sunday

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jun 13, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This Red Maple branch came down last year after being hung up for about a year, I plan on this being bucked up on Sunday.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Tough to figure sense of scale, but that looks pretty big for a Red branch.
    Nice.
     
    Smokinpiney likes this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    That should add to the stack nicely!
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It came from this tree, I'll get a 100 percent identification on Sunday.
     

    Attached Files:

    Well Seasoned and papadave like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes it will, between the rain this week an having a family member in the hospital since Sunday not much was done this week, the family member was released tonight.

    Since it's been raining for about three days straight, the brook is running pretty hard, this might put it out of it's banks. I'll have some pictures for tomorrow night.

    http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...ounty=NYC089&firewxzone=NYZ029&local_place1=3 Miles WNW South Colton NY&product1=Special+Weather+Statement&lat=44.51956&lon=-74.93085#.U5ua6q1OXIU
     
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  6. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Glad it is down and not hung up. That is a lot of wood to get out of a limb.
     
    papadave likes this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Usually I'm running around getting smaller stuff, this year the trees have been bigger, this branch is bigger than a few trees I worked on this spring but I'm not complaining.
     
    papadave and savemoney like this.
  8. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    That's great firewood right there. I bet you get at least a rick out of that one branch. I like red maple myself, dries pretty quick, burns with a nice flame and splits pretty easy too. :yes:
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I should get that, hopefully more.
     
    Fanatical1 likes this.
  10. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    I never get tired of pictures of your woods. Just so clean and neat.

    Gary
     
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Glad your loved one is out of the hospital....

    We recieved 3 days of rain as well, probably recieved 3" just today.

    I am planning on moving all the rounds scattered in the woods closer to the processing area, and at least getting some of it split, & maybe stacked. I need to schedule in fishing on the boat, the son and I getting some atv and shooting in on father's day, as well as visiting the wife's dad. Be safe........
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Thanks Gary but we have some areas that need some cleaning up, especially after the ice storm.
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Who's the better shot?
     
    papadave likes this.
  14. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Good Father's day fun !
    I bet you even get to split & stack it too ,, :) :)
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes I do Bogydave.
     
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Neither of us........ :smoke:
     
    papadave and thewoodlands like this.
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Sometimes we also wait and let Mother Nature do the work for us.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    She does 99 percent of mine, good girl.
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  19. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    That is a nice size peace to lay at your feet. Good for you. What is your secret? Do you leave cold beer for her in the woods? Or what?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  20. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's AccuWeathers fault, they keep predicting high winds every so often. I loaded up on a nice prime rib special at Eben's Hearth before the work tomorrow, I think it was an 18 oz. slab, very good.
    http://www.ebenshearth.com/
     
    Well Seasoned, papadave and Gasifier like this.