In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

techlite discontinued?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by coal reaper, Jun 9, 2014.

  1. coal reaper

    coal reaper

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,969
    Location:
    Nj
    after waiting since mid-march for a "backordered" bar, this is the message i got:

    “I asked our warranty guys and the Techlite bar has been discontinued as of right now. I think that's why your order was delayed for so long. It looks like they replaced it with the bar that you were sent and they should be crediting you the difference. They are redesigning the bars and at some point they will be launched again but it probably won't be until next season. So sorry for all of these hiccups”.

    can anybody confirm or deny this?

    thanks in advance!
     
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I have heard the same thing..

    This was what I got in a P.M. from an actual Husqvarna dealer.

    "The Techlite bar is no longer available till they get it revamped".
     
  3. coal reaper

    coal reaper

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,969
    Location:
    Nj
    thanks dex. thats a bummer. wish they had told me earlier...
     
  4. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Tsumura light and tough may be your only choice then. I hope GB will make the ones Gregg was talking about.
     
    Cut4fun likes this.
  5. coal reaper

    coal reaper

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,969
    Location:
    Nj
    was there a problem with the bars they were sending out? or just trying to do something better/cheaper? i know, better/cheaper more often than not work against eachother...
     
  6. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    I remember reading that there were issues with a few of them.
    Is there not a Sugihara available for the 562XP? I think Randy's 10% off deal is still good...

    http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/index.php?threads/sugihara-bars-still-10-off.4324/
     
  7. coal reaper

    coal reaper

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,969
    Location:
    Nj
    yeah, i read that thread. idk what the model number is but i need to wait until additional funding becomes available. will see of the regular bar does for me.
     
  8. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    Yes there is.
    Sugi Hara VT3U-0Q50HV, HUSKY 20" 50G 3/8P 72DL LW,
    Product Code: VT3U-0Q50HV
    Our Price: $111.99
    Sale Price: $99.99 with 10% off thats $89.99 with free ship.

    http://www.weedeaterman.com/mobile/...eedeaterman.com:80/product_p/vt3u-0q50hv.htm=

    Here is mine.
    [​IMG]
     
  9. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Probably is but I didn't care for the sugi hara after having tsumura bars.
     
    Cut4fun likes this.
  10. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    Why do you like the tsumura over the sugi bars?
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  11. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    I wish I had the $$ to try them all.... :thumbs:
     
    concretegrazer and coal reaper like this.
  12. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Price mainly. The sugihara aren't real light weight bars for the cost. They're the heaviest of all reduced weight ones. The tsumura are around the same price and lighter.