In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting re-acquainted with your wood

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by sirbuildalot, Jan 6, 2020.

  1. sirbuildalot

    sirbuildalot

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2019
    Messages:
    3,424
    Likes Received:
    22,826
    Location:
    Mass
    Have you ever not burned a certain type of wood in awhile, or not given it much thought? Then one day you use the wood again and it’s like the first time with that wood! It happened to me today. I threw 3 good sized pieces of Cherry in the stove, and the heat being pumped out took my breath away. I remembered why Cherry is one of my go-to favorites.
     
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,655
    Likes Received:
    144,629
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Yes, I can relate to that.
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Absolutely!
    Cherry and silver maple both give me that warm fuzzy feeling.
    :yes:
     
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    All firewood makes me feel good. I've burned some beech this year and it is one we rarely get here. Nice, but I've burned plenty of it in the past. It is firewood. Good stuff too.
     
    Slocum and Chazsbetterhalf like this.