In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

A little wood here, a little wood there..

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Chaz, Dec 22, 2019.

  1. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    So, I'm on vacation, & the weather is nice.
    :thumbs:

    So, what does one do when this exists..

    20191221_155208.jpg

    Or this..
    20191221_155211.jpg

    Well, I did a touch of scrounging about on the piles, and came back with this..
    20191222_150307.jpg

    Although to be honest, they didn't leave me the beer.
    :confused:

    So, now I'm parked beside some equipment and drinking beer.
    :thumbs:

    I present..
    The Morbark Beever..

    20191222_151127.jpg

    And this grabber..
    20191222_151132.jpg
     
  2. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Here's a pic of the buzzsaw monster.

    20191216_113419~2.jpg


    20191216_113428~2.jpg

    That thing tore up some ground.
    :eek:

    Good thing they done gave me some $$$
    :sir::emptywallet::emptywallet:

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  3. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Did you see the buzzsaw in action?
    Will the pipeline be above ground? I'm sure they'll grade those ruts all flat.
     
  4. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Yes I did.

    Thx for reminding me, I still haven't posted the video.
    :picard:

    The operator has some "large brass ones" let me tell you.

    That boom must have been out a minimum of 60' and bouncing, while he's on the gasline at probably a 30° nose-down angle.
    :jaw:

    Serious pucker factor in my book.

    Lemme link up the vid.
    :yes:
     
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  5. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Oh, pipeline will be underground beside existing line.
     
  6. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
  7. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,766
    Likes Received:
    215,061
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    A little wood here, a little wood there..a little wood everywhere! Damm, now its stuck in my head and im singing it!
     
    Backwoods Savage, Stlshrk and Chaz like this.
  8. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,766
    Likes Received:
    215,061
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    When will they finish? Will it be an all Winter project weather permitting? Looks like some easy to process wood! Easier is more better in my book!
     
    Backwoods Savage and Chaz like this.
  9. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Not sure when the main crew may be coming through.

    Last I knew NY was still fighting against the pipeline. Likely some frog or lizard had a nice house and didn't want it disturbed.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for protection of habitat, but it gets a bit over-inflated sometimes.

    It will be great when they come through, three separate log landings, and a deer browse cover after the pipeline is laid.

    We were paid timber value, and get to keep it as well.

    Besides, I think watching the process and the equipment working will be cool as he##.
    :dex::cool:
     
  10. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,766
    Likes Received:
    215,061
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    That short video you posted was cool to watch. Id be standing right next to you enjoying the show. If you bribe the guy will he let you drive that thing??? Depends on what you bribe him with!!!:whistle:
     
    Midwinter, Backwoods Savage and Chaz like this.
  11. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    :rofl: :lol:

    Well, as you saw on the video, I stayed out of their work zone.

    They've got enough to concern them without a "Lookey-loo" hanging about.

    They've got a job to do, it's best I stay out of their way so they can "Get R Done"
    :yes:
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,164
    Location:
    Central MI
    For sure best to stay a long way off. That thing can throw some sticks and chips a long, long ways and it could give you more than pucker power.
     
    Mitch Newton, Chaz and Midwinter like this.