In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

No. I'm all good. :handshake:

I just hate GM's crappy marketing that they have continued for at least a decade now. Even people that are Chevy fans hate GM's "real people" commercials.

I also love pointing out irony like Howie Long's comment on a manicure. In addition to getting makeup for broadcasts for game coverage, he more than likely gets manicures as well. Plus, attempting to belittle someone by possibly making a knock on one's sexuality is just stupid. That commercial wouldn't be made now.

Then the other Howie commercial knocking Ford's step in the bed is super ironic since gm made their own man step built into bumpers, then even went further with the new gmc multi pro tailgate. Oh the irony.

bogieb, brenndatomu, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

I wasn't done.:thumbs:

I'll check in later as my wife and I are going out after work. :)

bogieb, brenndatomu, Chaz and 10 others like this.
  3. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Real Chevy commercial. Beware, bad words. You need to watch all of them.

brenndatomu, rottiman, Marvin and 6 others like this.
  4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I am an equal opportunity Ball Buster, If I am not making fun of you then I most likely don't like you. Live, Love, Laugh...Thick skin is what we need more of in America, learn to take a joke and life becomes easier!

5. rottiman

rottiman

Right on........................... if you aren't PC then you will be pounced upon by the members of the new and gentler society, who get offended even if you look at them the wrong way.

aa2.png

6. rottiman

rottiman

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

daffy.gif

7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:picard:

You all have cabin fever already ?

:rofl: :lol:

8. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

And agreed the reality commercials suck!

But I do chuckle at Mr mayhem, Farmer's Insurance commercials and Flo at Progressive. And Jamie.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  9. rottiman

rottiman

download.jpg

10. rottiman

rottiman

My Favorite..................

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

upload_2019-12-19_17-17-56.jpeg

12. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

13. bogieb

bogieb

My cheapo new Focus has heated seats and steering wheel (and mirrors). It was set up as a cold weather package car. Doesn't have navigation or fancy stereo, but it does play my MP3s and I had a GPS to throw in it - or I can use my phone so it's no big deal. When I was looking at new cars, heated seats and mirrors was one of the top items on my list of must haves - the steering wheel being heated was just a bonus.

Wish my Explorer 2014 XLT had a heated steering wheel since it lives outside. It does have heated seats and mirrors though, so can't complain since that is more than any other vehicle I had owned before I got it (bought used).

14. bogieb

bogieb

15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Agree completely with vehicles and cold weather packages. I mean come on my first car beater had heated seats!

16. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I know we don't get super cold here, but I have driven in single digits weather and the teens and twenties. I get cold hands easy too, and never thought I needed a heated wheel. But a air conditioned wheel for the times when you literally. Ant hold the steering wheel when you get into the car and it's 130f in there and the wheel seems hotter and you can barely hold it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

17. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

I remember when when vehicles were available in a bare bones configuration. Power windows and locks were options, and stick shifts were called a "standard" transmission. Now everything that were options in the past, are standard equipment, and vehicle prices have gone through the roof. I have never considered the possibility of a heated steering wheel.

Our newest vehicle is a base 2010 Corolla. There are heated seats in my wife's 2006 Lexus RX330. My wife loves it. I don't know if her vehicle it has heated mirrors or not, but I don't think it does. That must have come after 2006. That would be a nice feature.

We haven't looked at a new truck since 2004 when we bought our Suburban, or a new car since after the financial crisis when we bought the Corolla in 2010 for under $15,000 on a five year term, with 0% interest. Who would have thought interest rates would still be so low. Now the prices are so high that I can't see buying a new vehicle, even with 0% interest. The current high prices of cars and trucks are the consequence of prolonged low interest rates...same with houses and the stock market.

We could easily afford payments on a new vehicle, but I just can't get used to today's inflated prices. No car payments mean more money to save in anticipation of retirement, and for building a bigger keg of dry powder to deploy for the purchase of more financial assets after the next financial crisis, that will surely come, maybe sooner than later, as there seems to be a lot of irrational exuberance in markets going on right now.

18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I never heard about heated seat until the last decade or two, then got them in 2010ish. Still envious of heated steering wheels! And yes clemsonfor , I cannot tell you how many times over the years I could only steer from the one or two spots that hopefully were not in the sun in a HOT car/truck that I could actually touch with bare hands. That said I took the old Black Blazer today and wished it was in full sun and not the shadow of the house.

19. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

And it’s becoming intolerable!:headbang::hair:

20. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

hovlandhomestead Nope I have an 01 Highlander. Which is the Toyota vehicle one size larger. It has heated mirrors. I didn't realize it till a few years ago. My wife drove it for the first six years we had it and untill I drove it she told me.

I just figured out how to use the heated mirrors on my work truck and I have had it three and a half years.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019