In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bogieb

bogieb

I walked away from a deal in '04that the price was all set on for an Xterra because they had performance tires on an SUV that they advertise as an off-roader. The guy called me back two days later and said they would chang for AT's at the same negotiated price. I thought I done good - I should have just kept on walking because that vehicle was a POS.

When I bought the Patriot in '09 (to replace the Xterra), the Patriots they had on the lot also had regular street tires. I asked about AT's and they looked and saw they had one on a truck that was to be in a couple days later. Same price, so I waited. Come to think of it that one only lasted 4 years too (tranny blew).

I hadn't bought any more brand new vehicles until the Focus I got almost 1 year ago. I'l have to pay attention to how long those tires last. Didn't really pay attention to what was on them since it is a fair weather, cheap-azz car. Just looked and it has Continental ProContacts - never heard of them so have no clue.

Chaz, savemoney, brenndatomu and 10 others like this.
  2. ole

ole

She didn’t even ask what they cost. Paying for them is my department. I am taking off Continental and putting on Hankook. My tire guy sells a lot of Hankook to the farmers around here so hopefully they last a bit longer.

Chaz, savemoney, brenndatomu and 11 others like this.
  3. bogieb

bogieb

I put AT Kumhos on the old Explorer and I liked them so much I got some Kumho street tires for the old Focus. Both sets grabbed the road really well and were very maneuverable.

4. Horkn

Horkn

Kia has only gotten a lot better from when they first came to the US. Back when they first arrived, they were not good at all. I actually see Hyundai and Kia as better than Honda in most cases, and they've been this way since about when your mom got hers in 05.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  5. Horkn

Horkn

That's odd. I've run Kumho's on my last 2 mustangs and got great wear out of them. I got at least 40k out of even the rears tires which was a feat, considering how heavy if a right foot I have, or had back then at least. On my dad's last Taurus, he had Kumho's that had ~60k on them for 55000 Mike rated tires and they still had plenty of life left when Dad sold that car. I also put a set of Kumho's on my Audi allroad. They lasted a good amount of miles 40k or so on 50k mile rated tires. That Audi ATE tires though, it didn't how many miles they were rated or what brand, that car just went through tires. The rain was mostly due to the AWD and the multi level air suspension.

All of these tires gripped well too, rain and snow, so they were not hard as rocks.

6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:sherlock:

Kiddo is taking pictures of Daddy asleep in pj's in the recliner. Head resting on her pink hippo as a pillow, bright pink pillow to pad between knees and get lower back straight, her multicolored afgan to cover him and (live) kitty sleeping on top. Except she added a dolly playing a recorder (plastic whistle) near his neck like he's hugging it. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: She does not know what blackmail is yet :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: JK, it's adorable. Nothing sexier than a man that works hard and loves his kid :thumbs:

On another note, the Toyota dealership texted me, FJ finally getting a windshield tomorrow. AWESOME! It's too hard to engage the stiff clutch in the Blaze with the snow on my boots lately so I've been using the ice box Duramax.....Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaz, savemoney, brenndatomu and 14 others like this.
  7. Horkn

Horkn

Great news regarding the FJ!

Chaz, savemoney, brenndatomu and 9 others like this.
  8. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

Any of you remember me buying a new enclosed trailer less then a year ago? Knocking a hole in the back door with my other trailer and then running the same new trailer into my Dad's garage not 2 weeks
    after getting the back door fixed? Hah.. Yeah... I just sold that sucker. After buying a rzr, i needed more space. Im upgrading from a 8.5x18' to an 8.5x26'.

Gonna order it within the next few weeks. Turn around is 7-8 weeks.
    its a custom build, ive already priced it out and talked to a saleslady. She was cute also...

9. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

NO DOUBT! I still need to actually drive it :eek: and see if I can raise the seat up with that one lever I saw on youtube. Also I'll get the fuse box covers but want to see them before I buy them. The Duramax is a great truck and I'm very comfortable in for 5 months out of the year, but that's only 5 months...

10. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Agree on FJ. Plus he’s got a girl that stuff happens mine painted my toe nails when she was 5 .. :eek::D

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:rofl: :lol:
    <3
    Go Lil L!

I have to admit I'm guilty of doing that to dogs and taught her that too :emb:

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I am sure it did it. I keep records of mileage I install tires so it was easy to know. But at that point they literally lasted a calender year and yearly mileage was known as well.

The set I put on after it was a take off set I got from my buddy who works at the Dodge dealership. They were factory take off from a Jeep Wrangler when they install the dealer lift kits. They were Goodyear Wrangler SA I think it was. But anyway. I ran those tires for 40k or so which was about their life rating I think. So it's not like the vehicle eats tires. No alignment done between sets either .

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

13. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I agree with this. Kia's were crap in the mid 90s when they came around in the US. They all had black stains o. The bumpers from burning oil early.

Today's Kia/Hyundai are way better than they were 20 years ago. Riveling Honda reliability in many cases.

14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I'm putting hankooks on mine next time.

I put general grabbers (like every truck tire they have is named grabber) HT or something on the Sequoia. Only been on a year but seem to be wearing good.

15. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    To me, Hard Tack is a unleavened bread. It is interesting how names and terms change in different areas.

upload_2019-12-17_19-20-54.png

16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

WW, try googling "hard tack candy", my mouth was watering !

Chaz, savemoney, brenndatomu and 7 others like this.
  17. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I did and it looks delicious. Years ago, I saw something similar with the syrup poured into ornament molds, swished around and poured out to produce glass like hollow ornaments. I tried Googling it but couldn't find anything on it.

18. bogieb

bogieb

That was what I thought of when I read Hard Tack.

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

Exactly! :thumbs: :handshake:

Sounds like you're feeling better? That's good!

20. yooperdave

yooperdave

Looks like it'll be a day for moving snow around down at the cottage. Driveway first, then roof. I hope...…..