In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fixed More choices for Cord Calculators

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by HDRock, Oct 5, 2013.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I was going to add some but I can't.
    Will there be more added?
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    HDRock likes this.
  3. StihlHead

    StihlHead

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    1,289
    Location:
    The wild west
    Basic math: one standard cord measure is 4'x4'x8' = 128 cu. ft. But they can be any dimension.

    As Papa says, divide your 3 dimensional stack measured in feet by 128 to get the number of true cords.

    Example: I have a face cord 4' high by 8' long by 16 inches wide. 16 in. = 1.33', so 4' x 8' x 1.33' = 42.66 cu ft. 42.66/128 = .33 or 1/3 of a cord.
     
    the GOAT and papadave like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Thx, I will add that link to the stickie!
     
  5. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I prefer a cord calculator, thank you very much :)
     
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    That's the one I like :D
     
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Thanks
     
  8. the GOAT

    the GOAT Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,399
    Likes Received:
    2,661
    Location:
    Maine
    Does anyone actually use the cord calculators?
    It would take longer to look one up then to do the math.
     
    StihlHead likes this.
  9. StihlHead

    StihlHead

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    715
    Likes Received:
    1,289
    Location:
    The wild west
    Apparently they do.

    I can do this kind of math in my head. But I am an engineer.
     
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I'm going to add a section in the resources for this.
     
  11. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I forgot to mention it, but the resource has been made and it links to the Maine calculator mentioned in this thread.