In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Serious cleaning on both the stoves and then went and bought a baster to pull the crappy gas left in the snowblower, followed up with some Seafoam then filled it up with premium petrol and fired her up. Ran like a champ so should be good to go for the chit that is coming. Got to relax and have a nice dinner with the Mrs. and watched some TV which I rarely have time to do so it was nice. Sitting in front of the stove having a fine Bourbon life is good !

Amazed how the stove really keeps a stable temp within 1* working like a champ, have to keep the stove room around 80* to keep the rest of the house in the 60's so always nice and warm in the stove room.

Hope all are well !

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    savemoney, CleanFire, ivanhoe and 8 others like this.
  2. BHags

BHags

I have a walk out basement, so that's where my snowblower is. It's 25+ years old. I've changed the oil three times, and never added anything to the gas. I just ordered two new drive belts, which I have only replaced once before. I replaced the friction wheel twice. It's a MTD, and starts up first thing every year. My point being, I think the fact that it stays in a stable temperature all year helps with the fuel issues. ( I hope I didn't curse myself, looks like we got some crap coming in the next couple days! ) Today is the day to bring it out and start it up!

savemoney, CleanFire, ivanhoe and 9 others like this.
  3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

You may have totally jinxed yourself... :D

CleanFire, ivanhoe, BHags and 7 others like this.
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Woot! We have a shower. :D

The :vulture: were starting to fly around for other reasons............ :whistle:

:pete:
    IMG_0090.JPG

savemoney, eatonpcat, Thor and 17 others like this.
  5. bogieb

bogieb

That and the bottle flies will give it away every time ;)

6. bogieb

bogieb

A friend of mine posted this on FB

Snow warning.jpg

I asked what happens if he doesn't press "OK"? Maybe the storm doesn't happen? :rofl: :lol:

7. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Current situation: ice and rain here...I think will711 is supposed to get more white crap up by him........s**w on tap here for tomorrow though unfortunately....

CleanFire, wildwest, will711 and 5 others like this.
  8. BHags

BHags

Looks like about 6-8 inches out there so far. The old Silverado is going to have to roll through it, cuz I have to be to work at 6:00, and I'm not snowblowing for an hour and then going to work. It will be here when I get home this afternoon! Our son can shovel for my wife and the dog! When I get home, I'll put a couple budlights in the snow, and we'll start the cleanup.

9. bogieb

bogieb

7-8" out on the ramp right now. Not hugely accurate since it is mostly underneath the eave of the house (has a 3' overhang). The roof is starting to dump so I cleared off the ramp and under the overhang of the garage. Will go take first snow blowing pass in a little while (after coffee) and find out if the new belt on the SnowTek fixed its non-throwing ability from late last year. If not, I have the Craftsman in reserve.

Working from home today so slept in until 4:15.

10. MtDew

MtDew

Amazon has the backup power supply on sale for Cyber Monday.

savemoney, ivanhoe, CleanFire and 5 others like this.
  11. imacman

imacman

Says $129.95 on Amazon site, but $199 on the pic below.....weird :loco: :crazy:

ivanhoe, CleanFire, jtakeman and 4 others like this.
  12. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

That unit for $129 is a great deal. If anyone needs one, this is the time to jump on it for sure.

savemoney, ivanhoe, CleanFire and 4 others like this.
  13. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

They have that same sale every year...I think I payed less but even at $129 it's a great buy

ivanhoe, CleanFire, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  14. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Looking great.....
    Gotta keep an eye out for the "BZZZZZARDS

ivanhoe, imacman, CleanFire and 4 others like this.
  15. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

Because I am so close to the ocean, we had mostly rain. Snow in the beginning, rain in the middle and snow at the end. 3 to 4 inches of heavy wet slush. It's 33 now so I can get it all cleaned up before round 2. That one should be all snow 'cause the wind will be coming from the North. The weather dudes say 12 inches +. We will see. I have a little Ariens 624 that does a great job.

savemoney, ivanhoe, imacman and 6 others like this.
  16. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

My new neighbor was blowing snow onto my cleaned driveway!!
    But I was afraid to confront him about it...
    He seems like a real monster...

t_rex_snow.JPG

Dan

savemoney, Luneyburg, ttdberg and 7 others like this.
  17. scajjr2

scajjr2

The Ch 9 map shows the western edge of the 12" area for tonite close to the Kingston area. We got about 10" last night. Our 24 year old MTD/Yard machine 24" snowblower still runs good but I'm thinking it may be time for going bigger. A 30" would mean a few less passes (driveway over 100' long).

sam

ivanhoe, imacman, ChandlerR and 4 others like this.
  18. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

Funny.... I had a 40 year old Ariens 24".
    Several years ago, I bought a 28" John Deere.
    Noticed quite a difference... doesn't seem like much,
    but often on big storms, you only use about 1/2 - 2/3 of the width or so,
    to minimize the side spill over.
    With the larger one, you use a larger percentage.. so it does go faster for sure..
    I just wish I had bought a 28" Ariens instead....
    :headbang:

Dan

savemoney, ivanhoe, imacman and 2 others like this.
  19. CleanFire

CleanFire

I don't think we'll ever see the $119.99 price again Steve, some of the increase in shipping costs are being passed along now in the sale.

Agree, still a great buy - lowest price we'll see for another year, grab one (or two) now if you need a quality UPS for the stove, or home electronics. :yes:

savemoney, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  20. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

3:30 am fired up the snowblower had about a foot of snow then and it keeps on snowing, got a call from Vermont Pellets as I sent an email to them explaining my displeasure with the last funky ton of pellets I purchased. He asked for my address and I gave it to him and he said he would bring a ton down to right the wrong . Well I explained I had a mentally excessive high pressure job and I would not mind driving up there through the hills and mountains to grab a ton . He seemed elated and told me he would show me how they make the pellets, so I graciously accepted but explained to him I could not make it up there during the week and he replied we are open on Saturday .

So if in fact I do not have to work this Saturday ... wait a minute screw that I AM THE BOSS and I have just decided I Taint working I am headed up to Vermont to tour the plant and grab myself a ton of Vermont Pellets compliments of Vermont Pellets .

The drive in sucked , work sucked , having to clear more white chit once I finally got home sucked but this Bourbon does not so when I am done off to bed early I go .

Hope all are well

ttdberg, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 7 others like this.