In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Zero Alcohol Beer

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by wood and coal burner, Aug 18, 2024.

1. wood and coal burner

wood and coal burner

Well I am not ashamed to admit I do drink zero alcohol beer at times. Usually when it is hot and I have power tools to run. I have not found any that are wonderful and there a few that are really bad, or at least to my taste. So for now I have settled on Budweiser Zero. I do hear there are some really good ones out there but availability is sparse. But here is the disclaimer: when I get done with power tools then I will drink real beer. And now for the goofiness: when I go into the supermarket they still ask to see my driver's license. Cheers!

2. walt

walt

I really like beer but quit drinking alcohol about four years ago when I got blood clots from the covid. I do have a NA beer from time to time. Best one I have found was O' Douls Amber that I was able to buy in Altoona PA when we were there for the GTG this year. Haven't been able to find it here so I buy either Bud 0⃣ or Bucsh NA. Nothing tastes any better after cutting wood than a cold beer even if it doesn't have any alcohol in it

JiminyKicket, Chaz, wildwest and 5 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I like the O'Douls from time to time but it seems rarely that I drink any beer.

They no longer want to check my ID in the grocery store.

4. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

Many years ago and before I switched to seltzer altogether, I was on an NA beer kick and tried every one I could find. Heineken makes one, as does Guinness. They were good if you got a fresh batch, but since demand is low, chances are you’ll buy a skunky batch that’s been collecting dust for months. The absolute best one I had tasted like a microbrew but was impossible to find here in the states, which was Franziskaner Alkoholfrei beer. I remember concluding that O’Doul’s amber was the most drinkable while still readily available stateside.

5. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

My go to just going to have a beer is either Pabst or Bush. Most major breweries are going to have an NA offering. On a recent trip to PA I found Lablatts Blue and Genesee in the beer store, two I had not seen before, both were decent.

NA craft beer has exploded in the last few years, there are some really good brews out there.

Woodland Farms in Maine makes a nice dark brew.
    IMG_3380.jpeg

I tried this from them but was not a fan.
    IMG_3381.jpeg

Athletic Brewing in Conn has a bunch of offerings, my favorite from them.
    IMG_3379.jpeg

Busty Lush makes an incredible oatmeal stout.
    https://www.bustylush.com/story

6. ironpony

ironpony