In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★☆☆ Woodsmith Premium Hardwood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Woodsmith Premium Hardwood Pellets: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average - 290 -410

Ash Volume - 6 ounces

Ash Weight – 1.25 ounces

Ash Percentage - .19%

Fines In Bag – 1 1/4 cup (10 ounces)

Pellet Length Avg. – 3/4" - 1 1/2"+

Bag Weight – 40.2 lbs. (0 oz. left in hopper)

Burn time – 15 hours (approx.)

Bag Date - 3-15

Notes:
    Donated by fellow member Tullytown
    Kiln dried oak
    Loaded with fines and super long pellets
    Very dusty
    PFI Member

The first thing I noticed after I opened the bag was the super long pellets that were up to 3" long. Pellets did have a nice sheen and are light oak in color. The bag was loaded with fines and the pellets were very dusty and there was a lot of bits and pieces. Ash was a fine light grey and there was very little of it.

All in all these pellet burned really well BUT the bag was loaded with super long pellets and fines and I did have a lot of auger crunching. Some of the high fines content could have been from the multiple hands it went through until I received it. I can almost guarantee that if I separated all of the 1.5"+ pellets it would have put this pellet out of the PFI "Premium" standards. I don't want to get started about the whole PFI thing so I will leave it at that. Once Woodsmith gets the long pellet issue taken care of they'll have a really nice pellet but until then...I rate these 3 stars.

Disclaimer: as with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0065.jpg IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0058.jpg IMAG0050.jpg IMAG0052.jpg IMAG0054.jpg IMAG0060.jpg

will711, Tullytown, ttdberg and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.