In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wood stove installation

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Antonio Jimenez, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Antonio Jimenez

Antonio Jimenez

Hi everyone,

Im thinking about installing a wood stove in my sunroom, my sun room is too cold to use during the winter months. This would be my first wood burning stove. So I do have concerns. The ideal place for it would be against the wall of the exterior of my house. My first concern is that I would cut a hole into the roof of my sun room. Its just plywood and roofing shingles that is ok but I have a second floor and would have to cut through my roof eave and go 3 feet above my roof. The roof on my house is a welded type of plastic that Im not to familiar with, I have a relatively flat roof. So to avoid cutting into that I was thinking it would be ok to use an elbow and go around it. The other option is that I could put the stove on the opposite end of the sun room I would be more that 10 feet away from the house and would not have to go up above the second floor. The problem with that is that I have a few trees that are really tall and would have to cut back some of the branches and one is in my neighbors yard.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    FatBoy85, WeldrDave and blacksmith like this.
  2. blacksmith

blacksmith

Welcome to the club Antonio Jimenez , nice to meet you :handshake:. I am sorry I don't know to much about stove installation but I know that someone in this site will come along and point you in the right direction.

TurboDiesel likes this.
  3. blacksmith

blacksmith

I know that this is off topic but I was in the Marine Corps with a fellow that has the same name as you from Washington, might you be him?

TurboDiesel likes this.
  4. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

blacksmith likes this.