In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wood Sellers: How had covid affected your business?

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Nov 2, 2020.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

With folks stuck home my sales have been higher. The cool Spring was busier as is the Fall so far for me.

2. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

I sold more in September than I did the whole rest of the year

3. Dstrick

Dstrick

Been on fire all year. Big rush early before shutdowns. Then all stopped for a month. Then picked right back up. Anything close to seasoned was gone within two weeks. Now I’m sitting on all green wood inventory with little hope of it drying well before February.

4. farmer steve

farmer steve

Sold lots all summer due to lots of people camping in my area. Been selling 1-2 cords a week in 1/4 cord bins.

5. jrider

jrider

I had all kinds of people reaching out back in March and April and I was sold out. My son absolutely killed it with his firewood stand in front of our house. Things were slow for him during the summer heat but this past weekend, he sold close to $400 worth as people were burning in their pits outside and inside their houses as well. As for me, my fall sales have been crazy busy. Seems I can't get to people fast enough and some aren't willing to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery...oh well. I should be sold out of my 215+ cords by the end of this weekend.

6. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Joe, do you think his story on the local news boosted his business? Are roadside wood stands not a common sight in the area?

farmer steve and mat60 like this.
  7. jrider

jrider

Oh he's a little celebrity around here. My wife and I both had him to different doctors since then and when making small talk, it came up he sold firewood and nurses and doctors were like hey is that the kid from the news? haha It definitely helped him but so has social media. Maybe about once a month I make a post on a couple of the local town facebook pages about his stand. Some people will later post "hey I'm looking for the little boy with the firewood stand" and people will either tag me or give the location. People love to support a hardworking kid.