Wood Prices?

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Chud, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Chud

Chud

I was charging $60 for a Tacoma bed of wood and stopped getting call backs. I charged 50$ for a Tacoma bed, but that feels like I’m giving it away.
    My buddy in a rural county says he can only get 50 for an s10 bed load of wood.
    The wood I sold was personal use inventory, so it was all seasoned hardwood no junk.
    I’ve seen some of the YouTubers sell same day split ash for a bunch of $.
    What would y’all say is a reasonable asking price for a Tacoma load of premium wood?
    I also have an 01 f150. What would be a fair price for f150 load.
    I’ve seen local ads for full size pickup loads ranging from $70-90 and that seems too cheap.
    If you had a commercial machine or crackhead splitting for you maybe $80 is making money.
    I was wheelbarrowing and stacking for a customer paying $60 for the Tacoma. I don’t get it. Just figured they found something cheaper.
    I had a customer with a Nissan Frontier charged them 50 to load themselves and gave them extra shorts no charge. Didn’t return.
    Am I in an area with too many people selling for cheap, or do I think my wood is too valuable?

2. Ohio dave

Ohio dave

I sell Ranger or S-10 beds of ash for $60. For a fullsize 6.5 ft bed $65. And $75 for 8 ft bed.
    That's loosely thrown level with the bed rails.

3. farmer steve

farmer steve

I get $60 for a bin of dry ash. 1/4 cord. They haul, I help load. 1/3 cord is $80 and 1/2 cord is $100. They haul. I have several bins and racks empty that need filled when I can get some time. I've cut out delivery to all but 2 senior customers. If you are in no hurry to sell Chud, wait till colder weather and raise your price $15-20. How are you advertising? Good luck.

amateur cutter, Midwinter and JimBear like this.
  4. Chud

Chud

I don’t advertise. Just word of mouth. I didn’t have enough wood to advertise, but my stacks are growing to a point where I could sell more. Maybe a few cold snaps will change things.

5. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

$250.00 per cord of hardwood delivered & dumped within 10 mile radius. $ 1.50 per mile after that. That's a 6X12 dump trailer with 3' sides loosely thrown, stacks out to just over a cord. You'll have to do the math on your truck bed.

eatonpcat and farmer steve like this.