In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's your favorite chainsaw boot

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by MaineMtnMan, Jan 20, 2018.

1. MaineMtnMan

MaineMtnMan

Looking for a pair of boots probably studded that I can wear for non winter seasons.

What's your favorite?

2. tamarack

tamarack

I dont ever wear caulks, but if your looking for summertime boots go with the wesco or viberg caulks. Very expensive but will last someone who is just doen five or ten cords of firewood a year for the rest of your life.

3. Hammy

Hammy

I wear ones similar to these:

Bushwhacker Safety Boots - Viking | Latulippe

Probably not quite the same as they say Stihl on them and weren’t as expensive as these are. Steel toe with chainsaw protection. They are comfortable enough but not what I would call comfortable. I don’t have liners for the winter but a decent pair of socks and they are fine unless you are in the real cold. A bit below freezing and they are fine. I don’t cut much when it’s well below freezing anyway.

I don’t have studs and wouldn’t really need them as my terrain is relatively flat. I am not much help but figured I would chime in. Good luck in your hunt.

MaineMtnMan likes this.
  4. Fabz

Fabz Banned

Ad-tec logger boots ... can get for under $80 ... well worth imho

MaineMtnMan and Hammy like this.
  5. Rope

Rope

Look up Madsens and Hoffman on the internet they both have a variety of options and price ranges.

6. Dancan

Dancan

Chainsaw boots and Logger boots are two different animals .
    I have the rubber boots that Hammy put up both in caulked and non , both are comfortable , get a pair of Bama socks before you buy to get the right size of boot , your feet will thank you .
    I wear the non caulked more often , the wife gets mad at me if I come home for lunch and forget to take the caulked ones off lol
    I also have a pair of Royer chainsaw boots , my goto boots , if I had access to Haix locally I'd be trying a pair of their boots .

7. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

If you are willing to try true chainsaw boots (not logger boots, not caulks), then TreeStuff.com has alot of great options. TreeStuff - Footwear FWIW, I got some Pfanner brand chainsaw boots and they are actually made by Crispi. Super expensive but the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

8. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

Viberg 105T.

Hammy and MaineMtnMan like this.
  9. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

viking-orange-rubber-calk-chainsaw-boots-5.jpg
    I've wore these before . I was very surprised at how comfortable and stable they were.

Hammy, MaineMtnMan and Dancan like this.
  10. Andyshine77

Andyshine77

If I were to buy a high end boot I'd get custom fitted boots. When you look at the prices, and rack they can be re built it's more than with it if you work in them every day. Are still a few manufacturers out there if you look around. Nicks Handmade Boots - Handmade in the USA

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Brian72, tamarack and Hammy like this.
  11. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

10" Tricouni
    These are the single best , toughest, and by far longest lasting corks I've ever owned. IMG_20120801_090624.jpg

Not a good pic of the boots. But , they are still the most comfortable boots I've wore in the spurs.
    If I was going back in the brush on the coast. I would go to Victoria and have a pair of 15" 105T made for my feet.

Dancan, Hammy and MaineMtnMan like this.
  12. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I wear Muck Boots.

I can get about 2 years out of them before they need replacing, which for me is plenty long enough considering their lifespan/cost ratio. They are comfortable and warm, and they come in different heights. My wife bought me new ones that come up almost to my knees which is good for deep snow, but are harder to put on. My shorter ones were easier to slip on for quick runs out of the house for this or that.

They do not have any Kevlar in them to stop a chainsaw, but if you keep the chainsaw away from your feet, it is not a problem anyway.

13. Dancan

Dancan

Umm , LodgedTree , I'm pretty sure chainsaws are scared of you ,,, Jus sayin lol

Ikeholt and MaineMtnMan like this.
  14. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

10_tricounis_1024x1024.jpg

Best boot I've ever put on my feet. For working in the brush in warmer weather anyway

WeldrDave and tamarack like this.
  15. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I bought a pair of RedWing Logger Boots and I am here to say they will last forever...that is because they are so uncomfortable I never wear them!! I told Katie just the other day that since they will never wear out, I am just going to have to buy some new boots come Spring. (Carolina)

I am justified. I only have like (3) pairs of shoes compared with her (50+) shoe collection. Not to mention her (2) Shoe-of-the-month club memberships. To say Katie likes her shoes is an understatement.

With (5) girls in the house, I once did a shoe count and we were over 100 shoes. Even before Kaelyn could walk she had more shoes than I did. It is no big surprise to the people on here that Katie likes her pumps, so one pair that Kaelyn had as an infant was a pair of high heels. Yes they actually make them! Babies grow so fast though that she only wore them once, and we never got a photo of her wearing them. :-(

Baby Girl.jpg

Hammy, ja_cain and Brian72 like this.
  16. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Note: Only on Firewood Hoarders Club could a thread start out with pictures of rugged loggers boots, and end up with babies in fuzzy pink blankets. :picard:

17. Brian72

Brian72

Thanks for sharing this link. I always got Chippewas because they were made in USA. Now they're advertised as assembled in USA with foreign and domestic materials so I looked elsewhere. Ended up with a pair of Carolinas and I hate them! Not waterproof(as advertised), warm or comfortable. $50 Hermans from Wal-Mart are better boots.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

tamarack, MaineMtnMan and Andyshine77 like this.
  18. Brian72

Brian72

I just got a pair of Carolinas. Absolutely hate them! Feet got soaked just running the snowblower. Not warm or comfortable either.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

19. tamarack

tamarack

I also cant wear carolinas. I have a pair thats 4 years old, they hurt my ankles if i wear them for more than a couple hours.

20. Cold Trigger Finger

Cold Trigger Finger

I got my first pair of White corks in 82 and have wore every brand of best quality corks since then with the exception of Coolian and Nick's . I got my first pair of Viberg in 2003 iirc either 02 or 03. I have right at 48 month wearing them at least 5 hours a day 5 or 6 + days a week. I've never had another pair of corks last even half that amount of time.
    Hand made in Victoria, British Columbia.
    But honestly, those orange Viking, Stihl, ECT brand of boots is a good value. And good protection .

I know that most guys consider close to $700 buck excessive for footwear.
    I do not.
    Funny how some of this same guys will dump hundreds into modifying a small saw.

tamarack and HolsatiaRedneck like this.