In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

We were under a warning down this end of NY the other day because of the very dry conditions, high winds and very low 15-20% humidity. Very little rain for us too this spring.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I'm going to get the Blazer driver seat reupholstered, after 400,000 miles, the edge to get in and out of the door is worn, (almost looks ripped, but it wasn't, just plain worn thread bare) and some of the cushion there deteriorated. I cannot find that fabric anywhere, I can find black houndstooth on top of any color, but not maroon on white. Lots of contacting other companies incase they had it and it was not on the interenet, no luck til I sent one last "contact us" email last night. SMS Auto Fabrics - The Largest Selection of Classic Auto Interiors He mailed back he has it and will send a sample, and the maroon vinyl for the edged of the seat! Woo Hoo!! With the money from the FJ I'm going to pay back my credit card for the last Duramax repair (water pump too, it was not just a tranny leak), Blazer driver's seat, and get the new rubber weather stripping installed. OH, and a radio. Too bad, poor Blazer has aged 20 years being here just a few. A couple small rust spots on the lower panels that did not grow this whole time since the early 90's are now all the way through :confused: Not worried, I'm going to get the entire body fixed/replaced/painted as soon as I win the lottery :)

ps, I don't play the lottery :rofl: :lol:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I'll sand the seams then floor leveler, I think the room corner beyond the lippage might be sunk a bit. Silly but true, my leveler hesitation is from putting that bathroom out of commission til it dries, but better to do it right.
    That place rocks!! Except, all the ones I was looking at labeled "free shipping", were actually free shipping over $600... But, they have great prices, and give away small end lot quantities for free if you live near one of the stores in Indiana :)

4. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

The Nolhan Ava, 393', delivers goods from the mainland to NFLD via the port of Argentia, NL, as well as to St.Pierre et Miquelon, 2 french islands near the Bruin peninsula on our south coast. She's a smaller competitor to our big shipping company with 3 larger ships, as well as the government ferries. Today, the Nolhan Ava is in St.Johns for service or repairs.

2021-04-07-16-47-00.jpg

5. Horkn

Horkn

Finally got since rain this early evening. We were in a drought here. Still probably are as it didn't rain much, yet.

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

We had enough rain overnight to give us puddles all over the place this morning for my walk. (after it stopped raining)

Had to be careful as there were worms/crawlers all over the roads!! :rofl: :lol:

7. Thor

Thor

0401211152a.jpg
    I'm still on a high from being on vacation. Standing in Arizona with California in the background. Past 3 days back to work have been catch up. When I come up in July we'll get a family photo with you...

8. Thor

Thor

We didn't get enough to keep the dust down on the state line.

9. Warner

Warner

Looks like a nice vacation. They sure wear off fast!

10. mat60

mat60

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

11. Horkn

Horkn

Did you get any rain last night? It went North and south of us.

12. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

13. bogieb

bogieb

It's already been 2 years ?!?!?!?

We just barely got up to being termed as Abnormally Dry when winter arrived (I' not convinced my specific area wasn't still in drought though). We didn't get as much snow as usual for the entire season. We've only received 3/4" of rain and 3 dustings of snow since the end of February February. I sure hope we get some good, long, soaking rains soon!

savemoney, NortheastAl, Horkn and 6 others like this.
  14. bogieb

bogieb

We had a couple of days in teenage digits and at least one day of single digit humidity. There is something not quite right about a low of 5% outdoor humidity when you live so near the coast. This was on 3/23 when we had snow pack melting too.

Low humidity 3-23-21.jpg

15. Thor

Thor

Hardly any. Burn ban here. I've got quiet a pile of sticks to burn.

16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

17. Erik B

Erik B

No rain for us yesterday and it finally started to lightly rain this morning. We do need rain. Not much greening up going on here. According to the radar, we might not get much today either.

18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

So who here is going to build a real one first? :thumbs: Warner already has the wood there, just need to organize and label it a little more :rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]

19. Warner

Warner

It’s all organized under one label “firewood”!

20. Marshel54

Marshel54

And then the rains came.
    I got 1 1/2 cords split and stacked over the last week. Started today and got rained out.