In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Weight on a 2008 quadfire fe

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Luneyburg, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Looking to replace the Pelpro in the cellar as being the dumbarse I am I never made time to get it out of the swamp basement and its not running correct, I think the control board is borked. I have two choices a P43 which I would prefer (a little more expensive) but it has what looks to be like a 4" exhaust in comparison to the quadrifire which has a 3" exhaust. So this means I would have to purchase a 4' exhaust setup .So the considerations are will I be able ot pull the quad from the basement after each heating season ? or so i bite the bullet and get the Harman p43 and the needed new exhaust piping ? The quad has only had 6-7 tons of pellets run through it and looks to be in excellent condition.

Thanks

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  2. MtDew

MtDew

I have a P43 and mine is 3" exhaust.

ivanhoe and CleanFire like this.
  3. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

hmm wondering if they put an adapter 3>4" adapter ? This one is a 2011 model if i may ask what year is your P43 ? Unfortunately the owner with the p43 has not responded yet (via email) Have to act this weekend on it as the cold weather is coming starting next Monday.

Thanks Dew for your response and one more question how much does your stove weigh if you know .

thanks !
    pic p43.jpg

4. CleanFire

CleanFire

Greetings Luney,

The P43 should only need 3" venting, if under the 15 ft. limit - if more, then 4" venting is needed.

Source: http://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/P43.pdf

page 9

re: weight, dunno - they're both gonna be heavy. :D

Harman P43 - 212 lbs,
    Quad Santa Fe - shipping weight, 240 lbs.

bogieb, jtakeman, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  5. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks CF much obliged 212 definitely manageable considering the P68 weighed #290

6. CleanFire

CleanFire

:tip: You are welcome - my Google 'kung-fu' was working well last evening. :D

The P68 is a Fire Dragon beast of a stove !

Compared to that, you'll be bench-pressing the P43, with one arm, in no time. :thumbs:

* Was looking at a P61 the other week - that puppy ain't no lite weight either.. Ugh. :jaw:

re: adapter - yeah, most venting systems offer either the 3" or 4" appliance adapter, so if the length requirements are good for your install (and the existing adapter fits the new stove), just swap over the adapter, easy peasy.. And sell the 4" adapter on CL. :yes:

Luneyburg, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  7. CleanFire

CleanFire

Didn't know if you were aware of this, but TSC is having a 20% off sale on all stoves from Dec. 6 - Dec. 12, so if the #'s work out, you could potentially just replace the Pelpro stove and have lots 'o spare parts. Good luck w/ the stove search!

Luneyburg, imacman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  8. MtDew

MtDew

Mine is a 2010 Model. I had to get the 3" to 4" adapter because I'm over the 15Ft limit for 3". But the exhaust port on the stove comes from the factory at 3". I'm able to move my P43 by myself with a handcart when needed.

9. bogieb

bogieb

My P43 is a 3" exhaust also. That must have an adapter on it.

Luneyburg, imacman, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  10. bogieb

bogieb

Hey, but as CleanFire knows, the P43 can be moved with a dolly :D

imacman, Luneyburg, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  11. bogieb

bogieb

I thought you already got another stove to help out the princess stove? Not that I would ever discourage you from getting a P61, just wondering?

imacman, Luneyburg, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  12. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Luney have you been to look at that P43 yet? I am familiar with the CL ad the photo you posted came from. The stove has been listed for sale almost a year now (maybe longer). At first the price was $1500, now it's $1200, and the ad was updated once or twice with "$1000 if you come buy it this weekend". Seems odd that it's been sitting for so long, start to wonder if there is something wrong with it, not mentioned in the CL ad.

imacman, Luneyburg, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  13. CleanFire

CleanFire

We do, but it's another small hopper stove, and having a stove w/ more "hormones" would be beneficial in the main living space here.. Not to mention less maintenance. The Francesca really is a 'princess' and requires constant (daily) attention, LOL.

imacman, slvrblkk, ttdberg and 5 others like this.
  14. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Thanks CH was lost in Harvard Hell for a few weeks, again much obliged for the info. Was syched but never got a response from the owner which was kind of a bummer but it forced me to rip apart the Pelpro all new gaskets and one heck of an OCD cleaning and she is running like a top other than the control board being a bit spaztic .
    thanks again
    ps TT I never got a response from the P43 was in Tolland if I remember right . Something fishy for sure and its still up.

imacman, bogieb, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  15. bogieb

bogieb

I don't know how many CL ads I've responded to and gotten zero answer. I don't understand why they can't at least respond and say it's gone, other people have first dibs - something. And then when the add remains up, it's even more puzzling.

Glad you got the PP running well.

Luneyburg, ivanhoe, CleanFire and 3 others like this.
  16. peterfield

peterfield

Once, when I had nothing better to do, I decided to send inquiries several times per day to on of these types who don't pull an ad down. Just get hitting reply and send off my first message to the seller. Although they never responded, the ad disappeared after a few days. I know, I need to get out more.

Orson_Yancey, ivanhoe, TBONE and 5 others like this.
  17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

:rofl: :lol:

18. imacman

imacman

It's called lazy....I sold my item, got my $$......