In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

We better all stop burning before we die

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Rich250, May 22, 2018.

1. Rich250

Rich250

2. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Article states “pressing it into capsules“.....
    Well there ya go, they’re making wood drugs....:whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:

3. Chickenman

Chickenman

I thought all the drongo greenies were out here but having read the article I stand corrected.......

4. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

Sounds likes the people that say cow farts are going to kill us all.

The reason wood is considered carbon neutral is because trees don't give off any more carbon than they've absorbed in their lifetime, as opposed to what they call "sequestered carbon". They do take energy to make and they involve trucking, but so does everything else.

This has been my email signature for a few years now:

It's okay to print this email. Paper is a sustainable and recyclable product made from trees. Sustainably managed forests are good for the environment, providing clean air and water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage. Thanks to responsible forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago.

5. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

:yes:

Three trillion trees

The answer is that the world is home to over three trillion trees—with almost half of them living in tropical or subtropical forests. There are roughly 400 trees for every human.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only cut 3 (live) trees this year...

savemoney, PelletHound and Marvin like this.
  6. billb3

billb3

I'll wager dryer sheets in dryers are having much more of an impact.

So Big Business, Big Government and Big Media are in cahoots ? No kidding. Might explain today's political environment and all the lop-sided propaganda masquerading as news.

7. savemoney

savemoney

I've cut back on the "news" by about 75%. They aren't reporting much news that is real. It all sensationalized. They have an agenda that is like herding sheep. I don't like to walk around angry. So good by to much of the news. esp that on TV. I'll read what I want from sources I have trust in. I have SiriusXM in my car and home so I can opt out of the ads. I don't feel I am hiding my head in the sand, rather it is more like using sunblock. Be selective to what you expose yourself to.

8. RCBS

RCBS

But what about poor folks who cannot afford or are unable to access Natgas or Propane and are unable to move to a warmer climate? Should they freeze, so that folks in GA can live better? ;)

Lousyweather likes this.