In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Venison jerky recipes

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Biddleman, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Biddleman

Biddleman

Anyone have killer venison jerky recipes they would like to share?

Or they secret recipes ?? :zip::zip::zip::zip::zip::zip:

metalcuttr, Horkn and eatonpcat like this.
  2. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

3. Unclefish

Unclefish

I'm still looking also. I have tried a bunch of them off line. Keep going back to soy sauce Teriyaki brown sugar garlic black pepper and red pepper flakes.
    This week I tried Asian red pork season with black pepper and red pepper flakes. Have another batch going in tomorrow night

4. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
    Maybe I'm a simpleton but I like andI get the most compliments on my easiest to make jerky recipe. I've used it on beef, deer, and goose and all have been good. Slice meat against the grain and less than 1/8" thick. Fill a 1 gallon zip-loc 1/2 full and dump a bottle of, and it is very brand specific, LaChoy teriyaki into it. Zip closed and massage around to coat everything. Marinade overnight, massage a few times to keep it evenly mixed. The next day take out of bag and place on paper towel and blot the top to get excess juices off. Next sprinkle black pepper to your liking and skewer it with no pieces touching. Hang in smoker and a few hours later you have yum!

5. Greenstick

Greenstick

Carrington North Dakota-aka-Dakotah Territory
  6. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

I’ve got one that I hold close to my chest.
    Years ago myself and a couple buddies used to go to Texas hog hunting. The first year I took 2 one gallon zip-lock bags of my jerky, and one of my friends brought along a big block of cheese. For the next three years shortly after the handshake and how you beens, the question was always…. “Did y’all bring any of that jerky & cheese with you?”
    A couple years after that I met a relative from down there and we hunted hogs on his place a couple times always bringing my jerky.
    This spring, after not seeing Beauford for 12 years ( near as we could figure ) we made the trip down there for hogs again. Hadn’t been there an hour before he asked…. “Did y’all bring any of that jerky with you?”

we used to joke that if I could make enough of it we could probably trade it for half of Texas.
    Sorry I’m not willing to share my secret formula, but if Biddleman would pm me your address I would send you a sampler

7. Biddleman

Biddleman

Sometimes simple is best. It's been forever since I had goose jerky. I'll try LaChoy.

I've tried a few recipes I found online and I try to tweak them. Always looking for something new to try.

metalcuttr, Greenstick and Horkn like this.
  8. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Then why did you mention it...

eatonpcat and metalcuttr like this.
  9. Horkn

Horkn

I use a mix of ingredients when I make jerky. It varies with what we have in the fridge/ pantry as to ingredients.

I don't measure really either.

I use soy sauce, a little salt, depends on how salty the sauces I use are, black pepper, teriyaki sauce, some hot pepper of whatever sort, Chinese hot mustard, 5 spice, some Sriracha, and garlic powder, and always some sweetener either corn syrup but preferably molasses.