In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Issue Typing is slow?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by nate, Jun 18, 2014.

1. nate

nate Banned

Anyone else have this issue?

When I reply to a thread, the board goes slower than I type. I can get 3-4 sentences ahead of the board and I have to wait for it to catch up to see what I have written.

I type maybe 40-50wpm, so nothing terribly quick.

It's not an issue if I make a new thread, but just if I respond to one in the box below the posts.

2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Using a PC? I used to have that problem on Windows. A reboot fixed it temporarily. More about windows than this site.

3. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Is this on the iPhone Nate? Occasionally if I have a slow connection, the board will insert a quoted post in the middle of what I am typing. That's annoying.

If you are having issues with just typing, try switching off the rich text editor and using the basic text entry. Unfortunately it's a performance issue with either the software or hardware you are using and not really a site (server side) issue.

4. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I get that one when I am on WiFi or connected to 3G. Don't have that prob on 4g, so that one really is a connection prob.

5. nate

nate Banned

Sorry didn't see the thread. It didn't come up in "new posts" or under the alert bar.

It's an issue when using my computer, not an issue on my iPhone. Granted I type about 8 wpm (words per month) on my phone too. :D

Computer is maybe 5-6 years old, Vista Windows, Dell 4 core 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard drive.
    It does it on Opera and Internet Exploder so I don't think it's a browser issue. Firefox and Chrome won't work on this computer (constantly locks it up?!)

Does it on my Laptop as well which is around same age but with XP Windows and less HD and Ram. Dell too, I forget the model though.

I have a DSL Internet, 768k connection.

6. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

I have the same issues on the iPhone. A bit slower at times, when the system is having 2 things happen at the same time on wifi. No problems with the FHC site on the PC or IPad.

7. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

MM and Griz I get the same on my phone and wifi and 3g but that was with the "browser " on my phone once I started using chrome on my phone for the site that issue stopped. Sometimes I get the slow text issue nate but I think its more of an issue that the phone is lagging at that point doing a bunch of processes...it usually only lasts for a second or two and is never more than a sentence when it does it.?

8. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Thanks for all the input guys, this is looking like an issue with browsers/ devices/ connections as opposed to being an issue with the site itself. I don't think that there is really anything we can do about it from this end.

9. jeff_t

jeff_t

I've been having this issue the last couple of weeks. It was only here, not on a couple of other forums that use xenforo software. But now I just had it happen on a vBulletin forum.

I've had this phone for about six weeks. Never used chrome before, and never had an issue before. Maybe I'll try dolphin again.

I have a MacBook and an iPad, and never a problem. Funny, I had an iPhone 5c for two days when I switched carriers and couldn't stand it. Had to go back to android.

concretegrazer and clemsonfor like this.
  10. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

Scotty and I were talking about taking advantage of a free software upgrade. If this is a forum related problem, that should take care of it.

MasterMech, jeff_t and clemsonfor like this.