In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

TSC SE Mass/Cape Cod

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by nailed_nailer, Nov 14, 2019.

1. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer

Just went out pellet shopping at the BB stores around me.
    Aubuchon Hardware wanted $7+ for Green Supreme. NFW!!
    HD Wareham, Ma has Stove Chows $249 a ton
    TSC Wareham, Ma has Their brand "Hardwood" Premium Wood Pellets for $5.19 a bag or $249 a ton

I grabbed a ton of the Stove Chows at Big Orange. Had a bunch of Christmas gift cards to burn up so only spent $125 in Cash.

The TSC pellets had UPC code of 0 13238 00006 3 TSC SKU#3195163
    I punched it into a UPC checker and it comes back as a Wall Clock.
    Anyone know if these are decent pellets? Or just usual Big Box Shoulder pellets.
    If decent Ill pick up a few tons.
    Thanks,
    ---Nailer---

2. PelletHound

PelletHound

I thought they were Maine Woods pellets.They are a good pellet.Try a few bags first.

slvrblkk likes this.
  3. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

The first half of that UPC is consistent with a few different Lignetics products. However, ligs has so many products these days, it doesn’t really tell us much.

slvrblkk likes this.
  4. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

That's Lignetics.

PelletHound, slvrblkk and ttdberg like this.
  5. unbidden

unbidden

Green Supreme or Green Team Platinum? Big difference, though $7+ per bag is still too much.

6. peterfield

peterfield

Tried some bags of TSC (Maine Wood Pellets) and have no complaints.

7. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

Scot can you tell us why your pellets aren’t available at TSC in Massachusetts? They’ve had nothing but Curran’s for a couple of years now....

8. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Nothing but MWP at our TSC in Leominster for at least the last four years, grabbed a ton of them for my cellar stove today .

9. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

MWPs are readily available at the Mass TSC stores around here too. Until this year, MWP was the main product offering at my local TSC store. This year, have not seen one single pallet of them. Just GS as far as the eye can see. Asked Scot about it, and he confirmed that MWPs are being delivered to other TSC stores throughout the state - and to locations much further south and west, just not my local store. The store manager a while back had told me that we are in a corridor where there appears to be a strange split regarding where product comes from. For example, my store will get product from warehouses in one region, but the store 15 miles away will get product from warehouses in a completely different region. Suspect it's the same scenario with wood pellet distribution, must be their sourcing and logistics algorithms tell them this is the most efficient routing, which unfortunately for us means no MWPs - at least not so far this season. Hoping that changes.

slvrblkk and PelletHound like this.
  10. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

So I’ll qualify my statement by saying this is the second full year that the Ipswich Mass store has not had MWPs. Only Curran’s. Absolute junk Pellet IMO.

slvrblkk and PelletHound like this.
  11. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

I don't know how TSC determines their product distribution. They don't share that kind of information. We just get an electronic list of purchase orders each week. We can only tell where they are going by the store number on the purchase order which we use to verify the truck driver knows where he's going and has the right pickup number.
    It's the same with all of them. Even the smaller stores that are supplied by a distributor. They place their orders and determine for themselves where they want it to go.

slvrblkk, Russell, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I guess we got lucky over here in the NW hills. Mostly MWP in the TSC bags, With a few tons of GS's mixed in the stacks.

HD has chows and Lowes has GS's and GT's

13. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

For the first time this season, I saw some bags of MWPs at the local TSC store this past weekend. Loose bags in the entrance breezeway. Didn't see any full pallets, they may be stashed out behind the store. Anyway, maybe some light at the end of the tunnel? Fingers crossed, hoping we will start to see more of them stocked like in prior seasons.
    :)

14. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

Crazy question....why dont you look for them at other local retailers? I mean, TSC isnt the only game in town, is it?

subsailor likes this.
  15. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007

It isn’t but it’s the only game in town to get them at the lowest price point. Why pay more?

Lousyweather likes this.
  16. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

But you dont know that until you check?

jtakeman likes this.
  17. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Took a spin up to TSC in Millbury yesterday and grabbed a 20-pack of MWP. Used the $15 off $100 promotion they had going, so original price was $5.19/bag; after discount price paid was $4.44/bag. Next closest place to me that sells MWP by the bag is currently fetching $7.30/bag for them.

18. Birddog91

Birddog91

I am being lazy and just buying a lot of insta heats. About 4 bucks a bag with discount.

Luneyburg and jtakeman like this.