In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

TSC price increase

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by pell it, Nov 12, 2014.

1. pell it

pell it

Only $5.59 per bag or $269.50 per ton for such wonderful pellets brands as: green supreme, instant heat, easy heat, north American, and big heat(?).

One store had re-bagged MWPs, but I think they have been sitting there since last season.

Time to call the oil man!!

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  2. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Yeah, it seams as the season progresses, the selection is getting worse. TSC is flooded with North Americans around here and Green Supremes are starting to show up again as well. Groan. About the only thing they have left down there I'm really fond of anymore is Lignetics, but unfortunately they never open those for folks to buy individual bags. On the HD front, Freedom Fuel and Nation's Choice are the popular flavors of the month around here.

3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

o_Oo_Oo_O damm....ouch!!!

4. pell it

pell it

I grabbed a few bags of nations choice for the heck of it. (haven't tortured my stove in a while) I was surprised by the relatively low ash, but that fact was dwarfed by the complete lack of heat. The hopper is full of them now, and the cooler weather arrives tonight. More of a test than just taking the chill off in the morning.

Lousyweather likes this.
  5. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

All the while, I keep getting e-mail updates from Robbie at GT about deliveries to Lowes stores in my area. Too bad they are $350/ton these days!

6. savemoney

savemoney

It seems so odd that pellet prices are going up with home heating oil declining. Not what I would have predicted.
    Walmart still selling at $219/ton

will711, ttdberg and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I'd ask what my locals are getting, Except they aint got nada. Buzzards even swept up the crumbs!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    ttdberg likes this.
  8. JustWood

JustWood Guest

Price of wood has nearly doubled in most regions east of Miss. River.
    Don't look for it to end any time soon.

will711 and Lousyweather like this.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Yup, that's why they were yesterday when I went. I had a 10% off coupon so it came to $5 a bag. I will probably hold off on buying any unless I see them for $250 or less. TSC had them for $225 this summer and I expect that next summer prices would be under $250. I can restock then.

10. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I think $250 will be the bottom next year.
    If oil goes under $50 or a mild winter all bets are off.
    Most mills are sourcing high $ material right now for feedstock. If they are this time of year they will be for at least the next 6 months.
    Seasonal shut down starts next week for many sawmills. Raw material production will be slllloooooooooooooooww at best till new year. Mills decks here are the lowest I've seen in years.

11. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

so, you guys think that there is a shortage?

jtakeman likes this.
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Are you still getting truck loads in? ;)

Yes=No
    No=Yes

:p

slvrblkk and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  13. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

Well TSC had maybe 100 tons sitting around.Has every time I stopped by.

jtakeman likes this.
  14. savemoney

savemoney

Define shortage?
    1. Can't get pellets
    2. Can't get the brand I want
    3. Can't get the pellets I want at the price I want to pay.
    Tons of good pellets available here. See them on trucks nearly every time I go in town. Prices are going up however.

343amc and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  15. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Guess I'm in an area still in the glut. Nothing at the boxes and limited supplies at the houses. Rationed at 6 to ten bags.

HD and Lowes won't even tell us when the next truck might come. TSC says a day, But the truck is usually days late and contents scarfed as fast as they unload.

1: nope
    2: nope
    3: never get them at the price I want!

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  16. savemoney

savemoney

Lesson to learn is to keep a back up supply and not be caught in game playing or Mismanagement.
    Last year our HD manager was very cleaver in keeping his customer base supplied with good pellets at reasonable prices.

IHATEPROPANE and PoolguyinCT like this.
  17. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Oh I got mine and a bit of a buffer(1/4 of next seasons). Its my foolish friends/neighbors that haven't learned to play. I just try to find stuff for them.

Trust me if I could get the blazers(or similar) for what you and subbie payed, I'd have them sitting under cover out in the drive until I could hussle em indoors. Got me a big ol tarp for just that, But those deals don't seem to present themselves my way!! I'm not gonna waste my time on NA's or GS's, Not that desperate just yet.

savemoney, slvrblkk and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  18. PoolguyinCT

PoolguyinCT

The early pig gets the pellets.

savemoney, slvrblkk and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  19. JustWood

JustWood Guest

There may be pellets now but give it a month or 2 .
    Dry kilns don't take lumber end Dec./begging Jan. Happens every year = no raw material.
    Deer season starts this Sat here. Boys in the mill have worked their ballz off all year to take a few weeks off now. Happens every year=no raw material.
    Mill decks lowest Ive seen in many years here. Another excuse for mill owners to let the boys hunt (not work) the whole season. Happens every year when the deck is empty = no raw material. 2 of my contract mills are taking 3 weeks off to hunt, add in 2-3 weeks off for thanksgiving ,xmas,new years and now your into Jan.
    Once the raw material flow stops it will take a month for it to filter into what supplies are available. The supplies you may be seeing now at retailers will disappear FAST into areas that were/are short.
    It may be regional now but give it a month or 2.
    Everyone seems to forget that we had a shortage last spring and inventories/supply never really caught up with demand. Summer and fall is go time for loggers/sawmills. If supply hasn't caught up with demand by now ,,, it wont.

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Too much gloom and doom! I need a beer!! :cheers:

:pete:

will711 likes this.