In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Time to repaint the exhaust blower housing and put in new white hi temp gaskets

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, May 29, 2018.

1. don2222

don2222

Hello
    These housing do get scratched and dirty & dingy The ones that are painted black like Travis Avalon & Lopi stoves, the paint flakes and chips!
    So here is a Travis housing that I like to repaint with VHT 2,000 Deg Auto header paint from the auto parts store.
    What do you do? Just clean or repaint?

Attached Files:

2. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

The header paint is great stuff..

I have used it on a couple rebuilds myself.

I have never used the gray graphite coating on the impellers though.

We may get a lot of rain here in the NW but we do not see the rusty stoves from the high humidity.

Our humid times are in the winter when the stoves are running, and we dry out well in the summer.

Unless a stove has been let sit in an open/unheated barn or ???? most units will show little to zero rust inside the mechanical compartment where there is no paint.

Pic's look great

3. don2222

don2222

Oh thanks Snowy. Very interesting on the Humidity. Stoves around here can get a lot of rust if they are not in a dry place.
    I just Refurbished a St Croix Prescott with the moving bottom in the Burn pot called the versa grate. I changed the hole pattern on the mounting bracket so instead of using the small versa motor, I can use a standard gear box auger motor that is stronger and easier to get,
    The versa grate is made to keep the corn ash from fusing together but I was wondering if it would be good to burn the nut shells?

Pic 1 - shows the burn pot sides removed and the shaker grate riding on the rod that moves back and forth. The Igniter tube goes into the burn pot when it is installed.

Attached Files: