In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★★★ Timber Tuff TMW-40 Log Tongs

Discussion in 'Firewood Accessories' started by BillinTX, Dec 26, 2014.

1. BillinTX

BillinTX

2014-04-20 14.14.55.jpg

A less expensive version ($19.99 at Amazon) of the other name brands but does the same job.
    I use them to pick up a log near one end, grab it with my other hand, move the tongs down the log, lift and toss it on the trailer or in the pickup.
    Saves the back. :)
    Also good for moving rounds to the splitter.

HDRock, Shawn Curry and bigbarf48 like this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

I have a pair of these and a pair of Husqvarnas, and there is a world a difference. I don't particularly like these, but they do get the job done for a significantly lower price tag.

3. Shawn Curry

Shawn Curry

I have some of these. My BIL has a slightly larger Husqvarna pair that he picked up after using mine. We both like mine better, but really only because they're smaller. I think they're almost the perfect size. Big enough to pick up any size branch, so it's really only big rounds where the larger pair would work better. If you're trying to use them to handle rounds that have already been cut to length, it's harder to grip the smaller ones with the larger tongs. Of course you could easily grab those by hand, but when you already have the tong in your hand, you're gonna try to pick it up. If you're dealing with an entire tree, there will be a lot of rounds in this category.

I've been using them pretty hard for a year, and I think the only thing I can fault with them is that the handle grip can slowly work it's way off, and you have to push it back on from time to time. I've never had them come all the way off though.

BillinTX likes this.