In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The signs arent a joke

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Ejp1234, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

and I will call the law... And they will find you and ticket you... If you want to pay my note and taxes we can work out hunting rights... But since you dont, and I have never met you, maybe you shouldnt park in my access easement and hunt on my land...

Attached Files:

2. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

WOW! just WOW!
    I'd love to hear the conversation....and reasoning...
    That takes some kinda nerve!

3. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

My neighbor has had this trouble in the past. One guy even blocked his driveway, to his house!

4. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

They just don't care. I'll take the hunters over the trash dumpers & druggies any day though.

5. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

oh yeah!...thats a whole other level !

6. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Apparently his cousin gave him permissions lmfao... Who I obviously dont know lmao... He didnt know what the blue paint meant, and he walked around the signs hahahahahahahaha he did a lot of stuttering.. The police made me sit in my truck as I was getting a lil wound up and had a pretty good size advantage on him.. I told him he was stealing from me, and next time I wont call the law, but go back there and serve him some eastern shore justice and he'll be the one calling the law on me... I dispise a poacher.

7. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

We have trash dumpers too, but I kinda blame the county (2nd poorest county in this state, still tons of dirt roads) for charging for trash service and using the dump. However if you call the county to report where they dump trash, they send the working detail prisoners out that day to clean it up... We are old school over here and I like that. This guy was from Baltimore area, not a local... Imagine that.

8. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

They had the money for a new bed or sofa. They can properly dispose of the old one. Sorry for the hijack .

Back to theivin trespassing poachers.

9. lukem

lukem

It would be a shame if that guy's valve stem cores were to go missing. I've heard of that happening before when people park where they shouldn't.

Not sure how it happens. Probably raccoons or something.:confused:

10. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

We had the same thing a few years ago.

People from out of state (RI) came in and parked so my Uncle could not get into his driveway. He honked the horn but they never came out of the woods, so he put a stick between the seat and the horn...that got them out. They waited until that night, then knocked on the door, and when he was talking to them on the front porch, they knocked his hat off and when he went to retrieve it; they pretty near killed him: 5 guys on an old guy just beating him up. They left him for dead; so bad that my aunt thought my Uncle had killed a deer and slaughtered it on the front porch.

We called the police and a friend, and lead investigator took us aside and said the district attorney would not do anything, but if we wanted to take care of it they would look the other way. It is a small town and I rode 4 wheeler with this guy as kids, he dated my sister, and sadly was there when she was killed in an auto accident.

The next day every landowner here put up No Trespassing signs. The LEGITIMATE hunters from out of state were more mad then we were.

But the school bus driver said he saw the truck and always wrote down the license plates of hunters from out of state in odd places. We got the name, found out they lived a few towns over, then called the police. They had the SWAT Team show up because the hunters who beat up my Uncle were "armed", but what a joke. These guys are the best Maine has and their slings were rattling they were so scared. REALLY?

So they arrested them, but then just like they said, the District Attorney dropped the charges.

We got accused of being "Aggressive Landowners", but the thing is, it was silly. My Uncle had a Doe permit and Hunting License so we were hardly anti-hunting, and like he said, we have plenty of land, if they asked, he would have let hunt where no houses are around. It is hard to describe, but because of the umbilical cord called power lines, our houses are confined to a stretch of road. Hunt away from where we live and what do we care; they are not our deer?

I have had a few other incidents since then with OTHER hunters, but the Game Wardens come as soon as I call, they know "the history here" and get involved quickly. Twice I had a pick up of hunters drive through my sheep fence, and then numerous times of growing dope on us, and of course illegal dumping of couches, appliances, etc. We have also had some firewood stolen. Sadly on that the police told us, "We had plenty".

Sadly it is just part of large land ownership. It is impossible to really patrol it all, and as the Game Warden here says, "Landowner's would be shocked if they knew what happened on their land after dark." It is one of the reasons I positioned my new heavy haul logging road to be within view of the house. I built it in August and have seen 5-6 strange vehicles on it since building it; it turned out to be innocent, but if it was where it was before,I would have never knew they were up on my land.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    gboutdoors and Loon like this.
  11. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

The sad part this is a piece I own about 10miles from home I bought as an investment... I only go there once a week or so during deer season and to cut firewood otherwise..

I have something in the works thats in zoning for approval now. If its denied Im selling it.. Until then, stay off my land!!

gboutdoors, Ashwatcher and Loon like this.
  12. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Funny story...one day I went down into my gravel pit (7 acres) and noticed some one had dug into the bank and taken about 100 cubic yards of sand. Not a huge amount (8 dump truck loads), but still a noticeable amount.

My wife at the time was incensed. I told her to just wait and that we would find out who it was.

About 3 months later we got a $200 check from a local dairy farmer who used the sand to spread in his barn to keep the cows from slipping. I never asked, he just got around to paying me in due time.

Most of the time here, things are pretty good. The $200, what amounted to $2 per cubic yard was fair price for the sand, I just had to wait. The man knew if he asked, I would have said yes anyway, so he had the time and guys, so he just grabbed it. I was glad he did, I just was not sure at first who had helped themselves to my dirt, but no harm, no foul!

13. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Just try to stay in control. I don't mean that degradingly, I have just seen some people in a fit of anger do things they typically would not do and end up on the wrong end of the law. Yes I agree in principal to what they might have done, BUT it is not 1985 anymore either.

gboutdoors, Loon and RCBS like this.
  14. Carol Perez

Carol Perez

Yeah true!!

gboutdoors, Loon and TurboDiesel like this.
  15. RCBS

RCBS

Man I sure do hate Trompers. My favorite is when they hike across 150 acres of prime hunting ground to get inside my boundaries. The only good hunting woods must be where the POSTED signs are?? I consider it to be straight up disrespect, and I take it personal. My boundaries are very well marked with signage, paint and flag tape (and occasionally some dilapidated fence). More often than not, most who would trespass have never owned land and can't understand "what the big deal is?". Moreover, if these same people would approach the correct way and offer some form of compensation, I'd likely be much more inclined to let some hunt.

gboutdoors, Ashwatcher, Loon and 2 others like this.
  16. yooperdave

yooperdave

I've always said it and will continue to say it.

Signs only keep honest people, honest.

MikeInMa, gboutdoors, Loon and 4 others like this.
  17. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Welcome to the club, Carol Perez !
    I think your gonna like it here!

gboutdoors, eatonpcat and RCBS like this.
  18. Casper

Casper

Sometimes those cheap Chinese valve stem threads fail and they just blow out, taking the protective cap with them.

ChipsFlyin, gboutdoors, Loon and 2 others like this.
  19. Casper

Casper

I have a couple deputies that will occasionally hunt my property once we take whatever deer we want to take. They keep their citation book with them since they caught my neighbors hunting once while they were out.

20. RCBS

RCBS

Good friends to have. :yes: