In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Lord Giveth, then taketh away...Then really Giveth!!!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Nordic Splitter, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Nordic Splitter

Nordic Splitter

Last Monday I was supposed to have my hardwood log load dropped at around 8am...My log distributor called and said he had to cancel on the account he wanted his guys cutting instead of dropping off loads. I said, Fine..we will re-schedule.....No sooner than an hour later I get a text from another distributor telling me they have a Pine log load they want to get rid of...How's $50 sound?? I said GREAT!!! It would be there at 3pm... Now mind you its only 10:30am still..I go to lunch eagerly anticipating my delivery when.........You guessed it...My original hardwood guy sends me a frantic text around 1pm telling me, "Change of Plans...The driver will be at my house around 3:30pm with my hardwood load!" So just like that I go from 1 load..0 loads and 2 loads in no time...I couldn't say "No"...Lol...My front lawn was covered with logs...Pine load all bucked up and halve way split and stacked...Back at it Monday!!! Good problem to have I guess...

basod, T.Jeff Veal, Horkn and 28 others like this.
  2. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Gotta love that but no pics.
    :whistle::thumbs:

3. Reloader

Reloader

Definitely on the good side of things.
    How many cord do you figure with the two loads?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. papadave

papadave

Hmmm, I noticed that too.
    :whistle:

5. Nordic Splitter

Nordic Splitter

Approximately 10-12 face cords from the Hardwood load and roughly 5-6 face cords from the Pine load...:)

6. BCB

BCB

7. Reloader

Reloader

That sure is nice. Getting it home is as much work as getting it split and stacked for most of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Chaz

Chaz

9. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Mo wood, mo betta

10. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

PICS??? sorry Nordic Splitter i got the same treatment when i joined and didnt post pics.
    Did you end up with two trucks dropping logs at the same time?

11. trail twister

trail twister

Don't worry about posting pictures. When you post pictures you just get these guys clicking the like tab instead of replying.

At least if you don't post pictures they reply so you know they really read the post and bitch no pictures.

Look at my alearts I get from 6 to 12 and it is all so and so liked my pictures, rarely any comments on them.

:D Al

12. JoeinO

JoeinO

Happy for your windfall, been my experience that sometimes things work out so far above planning or expectations that I'm convinced it is the Lords doing.
    As far as pics I am not the kind of person going to add pressure about pics. Now would pics be nice absolutely they would. Do we love when people share pics
    you bet we do. Did I post pics at first no to be honest I wasn't sure how but learned how much including myself people love them pics. Would a clear visual
    of your windfall be great for us to see why sure it would but for anyone to sit here and force you to do something that you don't want or have time to do would
    be wrong IMO. Hmmm you know maybe I just proved trail twisters point.

13. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

thats interesting. Ive never paid attention to it. I usually comment even if a simple reply.
    I do always like to see pics though.

14. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I think it was you JoeinO that told me when i first joined about if you can do it so can anyone else.
    No pressure on Nordic Splitter just that i love seeing pics of everyone else work/scores etc.

15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Wow! Talk about a great day!

16. JoeinO

JoeinO

Sure did buZZaw BRAD. I still believe if I can do it anyone can. If someone would have told me before I found FHC that I would be posting and sharing on social media I would have thought they were cuckoo for coco puffs. I have really enjoyed people here joking around with each other encouraging each other praying for each other. Teaching and sharing all kinds of cool stuff. I have been humbled by the people sharing and realized a lot about myself. For example trail twister made me realize sometimes I just look at pictures read and click. You're right no pressure at all, this should be a place we come escape pressure.

17. trail twister

trail twister

Look at it from the picture takers point of view. Non game cam pictures, I take with a digital camera not a cell phone. So most of my pictures are carefully taken. then they are up loaded to the camera and edited for quiality. Once that is done I up load them them to a photo storage/shareing site.
    Then I come to a site like this, only this one limits the number of pictures to one post.
    I post the pictures for all to see and in return I can get now one reply even your pictures suck. But I will get up to 15 alerts for people who just clicked like button.

No reason why the pictures were liked at all. For me I get as much satafaction watching the News on the TV, watching the grass grow out side and I had to do nothing to get that satifaction.

Personally I think the like button makes people lazy.

:D Al

Urban Woods, JoeinO, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  18. Midwinter

Midwinter

Hey, I'm happy if someone just reads/looks at my posts! Attaboys are great when you get them, but if you got them for everything they lose their meaning.

shack, Urban Woods, JoeinO and 6 others like this.
  19. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

i do the same. Its a bit of a pain to have the camera with me, mostly remembering to take it. Picture taking was never my thing. My cell is a Walmart special flip phone. Technology not my thing but i enjoy sharing my wood experiences here!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Urban Woods, JoeinO, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  20. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

My first experience with social media myself. I dont even consider it that, but i guess it is. I was looking up info on chainsaws back in February and happened upon the FHC in my search and couldnt believe such a thing existed. Only problem now is that its made me a bigger hoarder...at least of firewood!

Urban Woods, JoeinO, Horkn and 3 others like this.