In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

THE GOOD NEWS IS!!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by B.Brown, Jan 19, 2021.

1. B.Brown

B.Brown

I don't have to have any kidney stone surgery!!! The physicians assistant called me this morning, and said, ''congratulations'', then, i said, about what. He replied i had passed a kidney stone between friday and Today Tues. I do still have 2 small stones in the kidney one 3mm and one 5mm but, unless i really want them surgically removed he felt like i'd probably pass them as well. So, back to the water, bottles and bottles of it!! lol. I told him he made my day!! The 26th of this month was my surgery date, and i've been staying away from everyone and taking my temp 2 x a day. Now, i can focus on the foot surgery the 19 th of February. And, get prepared for that. Boy that was GREAT news this morning, lots of Prayers have been answered for me, no doubt about it.

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Awesome news. Nice they passed without you knowing about it.

3. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

Rejoicing with you. Have been sick, and narrowly avoided surgery.
    AWESOME NEWS!!! Enjoy the day!!

Sca

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Fantastic news!

5. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Awesome stuff!!!

6. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

7. mat60

mat60

Great news B.Brown !! I hope your surgery in Feb goes well also.

Jack Straw, Horkn and Screwloose like this.
  8. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thanks, that's the biggie, guess its about 6wks of recovery, that's going to be the hard part, but, one time i laid in the hospital , same bed for 28 days. THAT was a tough one, if they'd not let me out that last day, i swear i'd gone totally nuts!! The only time they took me out of bed was for surgery, it worked, i kept my leg, and its that right foot i have to have worked on. Broke basically every thing on my right side, in a motorcycle wreck.

9. mat60

mat60

Stinks about your bike crash.. 28 days in bed would drive anyone nuts. Hope they dont need to keep you long in the hospital so you can get home,, eat better and have the tv and this forum.

Chazsbetterhalf, Horkn and Screwloose like this.
  10. Screwloose

Screwloose

I'd take 28 days and a leg vs out next day with a stump. So glad about the stones !!

eatonpcat, Horkn and mat60 like this.
  11. B.Brown

B.Brown

No doubt, i've been very BLESSED, i've done really well over the years, sure my legs got a few scars, but, no big deal, up until about 4 wks ago, i was fine, but, then for some reason, my right foot, started really acting up, had to use crutches for almost 10 days. Right now, its not too bad, but, i know its time for a ''tune up''. But, some things wrong with it, had a cat scan and that should tell them just what has to be done. Plan on asking some questions before they do the surgery, have a meeting with the PA the 2nd of Feb prior to the actual surgery. I'll find out what they have planned and what type of repair will they do. And, the actual time of the surgery. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I'll just put myself in GOD's hands and go from there, PRAY the surgeon does the right thing, and that GOD will guide his hands while he works on me.

12. Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Don’t ever let them put a stent in your ureter! It’s extremely painful and then they pull it out of you like they are starting a walk behind lawnmower! :doh:

mat60, eatonpcat and MikeInMa like this.
  13. B.Brown

B.Brown

Too late:bug:, i've already had one, lol. Your right, it is painful and really uncomfortable.

mat60, Jack Straw and eatonpcat like this.
  14. B.Brown

B.Brown

MORE good news, lol. Yesterday, SUNDAY, passed a 3mm kidney stone!:bug: Only one more at 5mm to go.:hair: The 3mm didn't hurt until i was in the garage, then i started feeling it. All in all, sure was glad to get 1 out of 2 that were in me, OUT!!

15. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thought i'd add this, just got a call from the hosp, i have to be there by 7:30 am tomorrow PST Friday, surgery will START about 1.5 hrs later, then go for maybe 3 hrs or a little more depending. So, if you guys would, be thinking of me, or have me in your Prayers i'd really appreciate it, and thank you in advance.

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good luck!

Chazsbetterhalf and mat60 like this.
  17. mat60

mat60

Prayers that all goes good tomorrow and you can get home along with healed up quick Sir. Im thinking waiting to heal up will be the hardest part.

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  18. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

I’ll be praying for you in the morning sir.

mat60 likes this.
  19. B.Brown

B.Brown

Thank you all, much appreciated, your right Mat60, the healing without a doubt will be one of the hardest things to overcome. 6wks with no weight on the right foot. :hair: I'll do some leg lifts with my right thigh if they allow me too

20. CoachSchaller

CoachSchaller

Lord Jesus heal our brother and guide the doctors hands. Give him the patience and toughness he will need to heal and may you speed up that recovery. May he be an ambassador of your Grace and minister to those around him.

Farmchuck and eatonpcat like this.