In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Huntindog1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

Hey guys we need more of you logging into your smart phones and smart devices like tablets if you got them using Tapatalk as when you bring up the main FHC page on Tapatalk it says only 275 followers as a couple other wood stove boards have like 16 thousand each come on guys let's back this message board.

Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  2. Rowerwet

Rowerwet

I tried tapatalk but got turned off by it just randomly not working only to find out they put out an update and the last version has to be erased.
    Just my 0.02$

3. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

It will come with time for sure. Remember we are relatively new to TT. I personally dislike TT as our site is so good at adapting the screen to mobile devices already. Grizzly Adam has put a ton of time into making FHC mobile friendly and TT tends to strip all of that work away and limit access to the non-forum areas as well. For me at least, it's more difficult to navigate and I miss our forum emoji!

Maybe on an older phone with a small screen TT makes sense, otherwise the forum software does a fantastic job, especially on large screen phones and tablets! I do like TT's push notifications but when I get one, more often than not I find myself opening up FHC in my browser! ;)

4. mdavlee

mdavlee

I use tapatalk all the time. I even use it on my phone over viewing at home on a PC a lot of the time for ease of use and more replies per page.

5. HDRock

HDRock

Tried Tapatalk don't care for it ,never used it on other forums , chrome works great and I can see everything

bobdog2o02 and Chvymn99 like this.
  6. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

Really don't matter what you use its all free but for people who go to multiple forums Tapatalk is the app if you only go to one forum there is really no advantage

wildwest likes this.
  7. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

Well we went from 275 to 301.

HDRock likes this.
  8. dave70

dave70

I can't even find it on TT.

9. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

I HATED tapatalk, when it tried it it was glitch as frick. I don't need to be bothered by notifications of activity on the boards, I check in on my own time....

10. Huntindog1

Huntindog1

You can turn off notifications in the settings. Tapatalk main advantage is it a one stop place you can all your forums and keep up to date on whats important to you.
    Like I am on wood stove boards , firewood boards, chainsaw boards , metal detecting boards (3), sports forums, Gardening, bird dog training, hunting, guitar.

I think forums are the best places to learn information 100 or 1000 brains are better than one.

If you just use it to look at FHC then there is no real advantage to the app. But its free if a person wants to use it as a tool.

If you use google on your smart device and go the the FHC web page , google chrome on your smart device will make a link to be placed on your main page of your device and it will remember your pass word and login and you just click on it for fast looking of the forum.

11. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

I have icons in a folder on my Note 4. About a half dozen boards ...