In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Super Split log splitter HD Model near Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BrianK

BrianK

2. Hinerman

Hinerman

Something smells fishy fishy

3. BrianK

BrianK

Why, Is that too cheap?

I process my wood in the lot behind my office but I'm looking for a used electric splitter for occasional use at home. I search local CL and Pennswoods often and this is the first time I've ever seen a Super Split advertised.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  4. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

No picture..... Could be a commercial operator looking to unload a machine that he's run a few thousand cords of wood across. Condition is everything!

Then again, good deals still happen every now and again.

5. Jon1270

Jon1270

That's only 15 miles from me. If I had somewhere to put a splitter, I might be taking a little drive...

6. Hinerman

Hinerman

Sounds cheap for a Super Splitter. But, like mentioned above, condition is everything; and, not being stolen. It is definitely worth checking into.

I did see an ad for a Super Splitter one time. It was a homemade hydraulic; the owner thought it was "super"....go figure.

7. BrianK

BrianK

I texted the guy last night:
    Do you have photos of your Super Split you have advertised on CL that you could text? Can I ask what year it is and why you're selling it?
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Johnstown
    He replied:
    I do in the morning. Added flywheel also engagement handle pulls forward. Guy from Ohio is suppose to come get it next weekend for 1600 fyi.

Also electric motor comes with it and 9 hp Kohler engine on it right n9w

It's sold

At least I think it is I will let you know if the guy comes or not if you want me to?
    :rolleyes:

8. BrianK

BrianK

Gee, he updated the add and increased the asking price. What a guy! He upgraded to a processor so it sounds like you're right, a commercial operator:

Super Split log splitter - $1700 (Herminie)
    Super Split log splitter HD Model
    splits logs in 3 seconds, splitting a cord in 1 hour 1700 firm. I have also added an extra flywheel for some more tonnage as well as added a pull forward handle I am only selling due to getting a processor. Fast fast fast!!!! Has work table as well
    412 266 4499

9. angelo c

angelo c

Guys, jump on them when they come up for sale( if you are looking) Most of the parts are easily replaced and paul has everything shipped to you in no time at all. He charges very reasonable prices for all parts and is a pleasure to deal with. Mine is about 25 years old and runs like a champ. I would estimate a few thousand cords through it. And an electric motor can be swapped out easy peasy.