In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Super Bowl menu

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by BigPapi, Jan 27, 2018.

1. BigPapi

BigPapi

Big game coming up next weekend.. Anybody have culinary delicacies planned? We don't have a huge bang out party, probably just a couple friends and family, but we like to eat well.

So far the planned lineup is

ABTs (smoker)
    Pulled pork sammies (likewise)
    Wings
    Buffalo chicken dip
    Pizza knots
    Homemade mozzarella sticks
    Pigs in blankets (teenage daughter makes em, going to smoke the micro sausages)

What have you got on the menu?

Go Pats!

2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Well... you had me till that last word.... :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:....

Probably do wings on the smoker... But it depends on how my sleep pattern goes, whether I make a whole bunch of them or a few and go to a friends house for the game....

Well Seasoned, BigPapi, Thor and 3 others like this.
  3. Horkn

Horkn

Here too.

I'm sure we'll think of something good, but not good for you, to eat.

4. Mr A

Mr A

Eagles are strong. I would like t0 see TB earn an undefeatable record. His record is already untouchable for a long time to come

5. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Eagle wings
    BBQ Eagle pizza
    New England Fried Eagle

6. BigPapi

BigPapi

LOL, yeah. Pats are either love em or hate em. I'm in the first bracket, and after suffering through the 80s and 90s as a Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics (ok, a little less suffering there) fan, the last twenty years or so have been pretty amazing, and at least in my family NOT taken for granted.

When you smoke the wings, do you finish over high heat to crisp them up a little? I've smoked then dipped them in oil for a few minutes and loved it, but with no vent over the stove in the new house, that option is out. I curse whoever put the stove on an inside wall, and look forward to the day when we can put the dough together for a full kitchen remodel.

Till then,I think a turkey fryer may be in order.

Horkn, Well Seasoned and Chvymn99 like this.
  7. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Nope, I like them soft like that....I've tried to take them off and dip them in the sauce and put them back on the grill to finish off. But I've just come to the conclusion that I like the simple method of 1 hour on the smoker, flip the legs, but not the flats. Keep the wood smoking. Then flip them in the sauce....

Horkn, BigPapi and Well Seasoned like this.
  8. yooperdave

yooperdave

Might have that ham that's been in the freezer for awhile.....but probably warm it up.

Horkn, BigPapi and Chvymn99 like this.
  9. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Cou
    Hmmm...same menu as last year only Falcon instead of Eagle, they didn't go down to well, until
    image.jpg
    Couple years befor that it was the same only Seahawk, those almost came up too, couldn't find any Eagle back in '05 so we had cheese steaks, Ram stew was good back in '02, Panther kabobs in '04, who knows maybe next time some Cardinal, or Bear or Lion.

BigPapi and Chvymn99 like this.
  10. Matt Fine

Matt Fine

Not sure about my menu yet, but I would have to add Tums, Pepto, and Pepcid to yours!

BigPapi likes this.
  11. BigPapi

BigPapi

Lol! Having the next day off is critical to this endeavor. :)

Chvymn99 - maybe I will do some this way for myself. Wife's gotta have them crispy, so I usually run them through a hot oven on convection for a little while now that the frying is out. Doesn't compare to properly fried wings, but she seems happy with them.

Chvymn99 and Horkn like this.
  12. Tony2Truck

Tony2Truck

Smoking a turkey Saturday to slice up for sandwiches. Poor mans burnt end out of chuck roasts. Wings of course and who knows what else. Gonna be a long weekend with plowing snow Saturday night and the game Sunday.

BigPapi, Chvymn99 and Horkn like this.
  13. Horkn

Horkn

Well the patriots had to eat crow in 97 when the Packers sent them home empty handed. The falcons should have won last year. That was a monumental break down, and really a crazy ending to that game as the patriots had nearly zero shot to come back, and they did. Thanks in ( most) part to James White, who should have been named the MVP.

Back to the menu though.;)

Molasses gochujang chicken wings, game day hot cheesy bean dip, bloody Mary's and beer.

BigPapi, DaveGunter and Chvymn99 like this.
  14. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

A little bit of crow ain't hard to take when you got all them other trophies to look at!;);)

And eating a "packer" would just be wrong...I guess we could have a cheese fest.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    BigPapi likes this.
  15. Jon_E

Jon_E

I'm thinking a nice salad, maybe with some kale or quinoa.

What's a "super bowl"?

16. BigPapi

BigPapi

Browns fan? :D

Pork shoulder is out, too much to do Saturday (got roped into working), and I do love it, but not enough to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get it in the smoker. Adjust been a long week. Wife's got a plan for some meatball sammiches instead, so we'll see what sort of invention she comes up with. I'm excited.

M2theB likes this.
  17. BigPapi

BigPapi

I've got a buddy who's a dyed in the wool Jets fan, and can recite ten reasons why the Patriots should have lost all five times that they've won.. I like to remind him that the last time his team ringed up was before I was born. :)

'97 hurt, but at the same time it was the peak of my young Patriots fandom.

18. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, Packers fans know all about championship trophies. We've got 13 of them, 7 Lombardi's after they were named that, you know, after Vince Lombardi (the famous Packers head coach).

Patsy fans have 5 championship trophies.

19. BigPapi

BigPapi

I love ya man, but where's the seven come from? Packers have 11 pre-merger championships and four Lombardi titles as far as I can see from Massachusetts. Not to take anything away from them, it must be great to root for a team with that kind of history - like our love up here for the Sox. :)

Horkn likes this.
  20. savemoney

savemoney

Pizza, maybe an Italian sandwich, New England style. Wife has mentioned some chili, but maybe not this time. We both have had some sickness that Chili won't help.