In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Stove Vermont Resolute ID

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by juliocv81, Apr 14, 2020.

1. juliocv81

juliocv81

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some help with pricing this iron cast stove, Vermont Resolute from 1979 it seems. Took it out from an old house, it is in excellent condition, all I did was just polish it. It has its back cover and pipes, any idea on the price would be much appreciated. thank you.

Attached Files:

2. RGrant

RGrant

That is really pretty.
    I had a Vigilant that I bought in 2015, I paid $400.
    So, $400 - $500 would be my guess.

3. Hoytman

Hoytman

Only if all the seems have a good seal. Others mileage may vary but I prefer to buy a stove unpainted so I can see the true condition it was in. A good indicator of how it was used and cared for. Then I can determine if I want to buy it or not. A stove that old is not worth chancing, so would require a complete teardown by me if I intended to keep it and use it, or even sell it. I'm different than most, so there are plenty of folks who might not think it needs disassembled and would pay that price. For me, unless it's a welded stove of that vintage, that's too high. Like I said, I'm different than most. Take what someone will give you I suppose. I do like the looks of them though. However, I'm not paying that much for an old stove to remove it for someone unless it's in new or barely used condition. Just my $.02 … and that's not much.

RGrant likes this.
  4. wood and coal burner

wood and coal burner

I have very similar stove (except it is blue) in my front parlor. Installed it in 1989. Fantastic stove. Fill it up, put it in downdraft and the next morning load more wood in and it starts right up. Pre-catalytic so it burns great. Only issue I have now is I have to fabricate my own parts since they are no longer available. Keep the seams sealed and it is a great stove. Biggest drawback is no ashpan. If it is still for sale let me know.

5. Rich L

Rich L

Beautiful stove.I do like the wood/coal feature.A inside view would be nice to see.I'd like to hear stories of how long these units heat when burning wood and when burning coal.If this thing performs well I'd start at $ 800.00.There's always that one person who will snap it up in my neck of the woods.Now it looks like your in Arizona.I always feel that is too warm for much wood stove use so it may not demand my price projection.In my area it's a different story. Keep us posted.