In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Small battery cable for game cam

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Lucy, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lucy

Lucy

The 6 volt battery cable i ordered has a plug that is too big for my game cam. Do any of you know where to get a smaller one that is sealed for outdoors? I like to take videos and that uses more battery.
    Thanks for any help.

2. bocefus78

bocefus78

Need to know the size of the input needed. There are many.
    Center polarity matters also.

Or you could just open up the camera and solder in your own hardwire if you are handy. Then put alligator clips on then other end of the wire for your battery. That's what I do.

If not willing to split the camera:

Without knowing the specific input size needed, I'd buy this. It has all the normal sizes.

Then cut off the a.c. Plug.

Determine the center post polarity of your camera.

Install terminal ends or alligator clips where you cut the a.c. Adapter off paying attention to which wire goes to the center post. I like clips so you don't need tools to swap batteries. Color code the clips with different color of electric tape if they are not red and black already!

Use heat shrink on all connections, and dielectric grease on the connection to camera.

Backwoods Savage, Lucy and huskihl like this.
  3. Lucy

Lucy

Thanks bocefus78. The plug size external diameter is 3.45 according to a plug that goes with a flashlight. The center polarity i don't know, how can i test that?

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. bocefus78

bocefus78

Should be printed on the camera itself like this. Notice the positive sign here pointing to the center post. Lucy

20180209_100320.jpg

Btw, what model camera are we talking about? I may be able to dig one up for you.

5. Lucy

Lucy

That would be nice but there is nothing printed on my camera anywhere. The camera in an Enkeeo, nothing fancy but takes good videos.