In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

show me how you display/store your axes, hatchets, etc.

Discussion in 'Axes, Mauls, and Hand Saws' started by Lastmohecken, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

I was just looking for ideas on storing/displaying my growing collection of axes, etc. I got by with one old Plum double bit ax for 30 years and it spent most of it's time leaning or laying on the porch by the firewood. But, as of lately, I started acquiring several morek vintage axes and hatchets. I am not real sure what got me started, but now I own several several axes and hatchets, so I have finally decided to create a spot to hang most of them on the wall in my shop, or something.

I was just curious as to a neat idea or two. I know it no trick to start driving nails or screws to hang them, but looking for ideas as to what others have done, pictures maybe.

2. JackHammer

JackHammer

I store my axes on the garage floor. :/

Are you handy? Maybe you could make a display. I bet guitar display cases and holders would also work pretty well.

3. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

Mine are leaning up against the shop wall, except for the ones in the back of the truck right now. I can build about anything, just looking for ideas. If nothing else, I will just get a thick sheet of plywood and hang them with long lag bolts or nails.

4. Ron T

Ron T

I have been bitten by the bug as well. Like you I had only one for years but have acquired 7 or 8 in a few months time.

5. fishingpol

fishingpol

This was my display at the last house. Rough sawn pine. Sink nails anywhere and move tools as the collection grows. I haven't set this back up at this new place. Maybe a winter project. I had two more walls covered with old tools.:whistle:

20190201_151849.jpg

6. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

That looks pretty good. I would love to have that anvil. I have a home made one out of a section of rail road iron, which I am currently soaking in vinegar to clean up the rust.

7. Lastmohecken

Lastmohecken

I went ahead and made an Ax/hammer rack today. I think it going to work pretty good, but it's already pretty much full of tools.

AX storage rack.jpg