In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Saw The Eagles first 2018 appearance last night

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Sourwood, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Sourwood

Sourwood

I havent been to a concert since Billy Idol...... So one of my buddies who I went to a lot of concerts with in the 70's, called and asked about going to The Eagles. That led to calling another concert buddy from back then.

We had a great time reminiscing about past shows, including Kiss with an unknown band called ACDC with a wild rocker named Bonn Scott.

The Eagles performance was great. Vince Gill is singing with them and did an awesome job filling in on Glenn Frey vocals.

Being the first performance you would think they had bugs to work out, but the sound, visuals, and lighting was one the money.

Only difference now, is instead of smelling marijuana in the air, there is a faint scent of Ben Gay and Mary Kay cosmetics. There were a lot of broken down 60 somethings reliving some memories.

If you get a chance, go see them. I am a casual fan, and really enjoyed the event.

MikeyB, Chaz, Maina and 4 others like this.
  2. Fanatical1

Fanatical1

Your my age as I can relate.... :whistle:

Chaz and Locust Post like this.
  3. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

That Joe Walsh is something. I lost my license, now I don't drive.

We saw them a few years back. I liked that they hired some young guitarist to do the heavy lifting. They earned it.

Chaz and Maina like this.
  4. Loon

Loon

Never seen the Eagles but did see this tour back in the early 80's over in the states.:salute: :coldone:

Chaz likes this.
  5. bocefus78

bocefus78

Cool! They were one of dad's favs when he was younger. I developed a liking to them at an early age from repeated exposure.

Just for kicks.

eagles-then-1024x687.jpg

eagles-now.jpg

Chaz and Maina like this.
  6. Chaz

Chaz

When I was young, I didn't go to many concerts. I'd have loved to seen the "real" Pink Floyd.

But alas, it was not to be. But I did see the Stones back in the day during the Steel Wheels tour, and I've been to Roger Waters 3 times now, twice on the "Dark Side of the Moon" tour in 2006, once in Pittsburgh where I spent boockoo bucks:makeitrain":makeitrain" on 3rd row tickets.

I do however have a pic of me at the stage with Roger Waters directly behind me. :dex::dex::dex:

Second time at Darien Lake, not as great seating, still a good time.

Once in Buffalo during "The Wall" tour 2012, of which my ticket was... wait for it.. FREE!!!!!!!!!:dex::dex:

Jill used to work for a Doc who is really into 'the Floyd' and he had an extra ticket, called me up and asked if I wanted to go. YEAHHH!!

Much more "reserved" on that occasion, but still had a helluva good time.

My tastes now include FFDP and Godsmack, Jill not as crazy about them though. :rofl: :lol:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Show 2018. Lol

8. Chris F

Chris F

The only time I saw the Eagles was in the mid seventies just after Hotel California came out. That was the song they opened up with.
    Great band!